Love the Beast

Started by Evan Bottcher, March 13, 2009, 10:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

I saw Eric Bana's film "Love the Beast" last week.  I wasn't expecting a lot but I have to say it was an extremely entertaining film.  Great footage of the Targa Tasmania including a couple of Alfas.  I'm a sucker for other people's nostalgia, so the footage of Bana restoring the car the first time around and his Dad's T-bird were very entertaining.

I'm not sure how it'll go in the global market, but I think it'll have pretty good appeal in the 'top gear' car enthusiast market.  Loved Clarkson: "600Hp...  leaf springs?".

If I had ridiculous amounts of money, I would also make a feature length documentary about my car.  Evan Bottcher presents an Evan Bottcher film... "Love the Madame".  :D

Anyone else see it?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Sheldon McIntosh

You could make one about your 105 project.  It would be like that "seven up" project, where they interview people every seven years.  I think they're up to about 49 years.

alfagtv58

On the film, yeah I loved it.  But they are pitching it as a film about having a passion in life and non car nuts will enjoy it too, I am not so sure about that.  It certainly is more enjoyable as a car person.  I liked the Leno quote in the outakes (I wont put it here as a spoiler!!).

It made me very jealous of Colin, just about to head off and do Targa again.

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on March 14, 2009, 12:06:26 AM
You could make one about your 105 project.  It would be like that "seven up" project, where they interview people every seven years.  I think they're up to about 49 years.
Only problem there is there wouldn't be much to report on after seven years  ;)
Uummm, I have taken the window winder off.  But look at the 164 I just bought!!

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

redalfaracing

I'm glad to hear the positive comments. Going tonight with PAC, only 1 other member liked the idea of making it a social outing, so Robyn, Dale and i are going. BUT, i did see a great film last night.... Slumdog Millionaire, it is the best film i have seen for years. Anyone else seen it?
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

alfagtv58

If anyone is intereseted, apart from the usual cinemas it is also showing at the Coburg drive in

VILLAGE CINEMA DRIVE-IN COBURG
155 Newlands Rd, Coburg, VIC 3058
Ph# 03 9354 8633 session time information
Group Booking:
Glen: 0409 885 826
Email: Coburg _manager@village-cinemas.com

redalfaracing - my wife went to see slumdog with a few workmates and loved it also.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

redalfaracing

Gotta say i liked it. Great Targa shots. Does anyone know what the car was crashed further down the hill to the XB coupe? Looked GTV ish

Not so sure i agree with the comment about Alfa Romeos ability to pick up chics, why are there so many Italians?
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project