Love the Beast

Started by 1750GT, March 30, 2009, 09:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1750GT

Has anyone seen Love the Beast yet? My son and I wnet to see it at the drive-in and what a hoot, people even bought their own beasts, a lovely restored Camaro SS, a fully sick race ready red Fiat 124 Sport in Monza red with race gear, wing etc. (and aside from a Fiat Dino I never thought I'd call a Fiat fully sick, in fact where did that come from?), hotted classic holdens and fords etc. and of course the usual couple in their family barge hohing into the dogs, chips, slurpies and popcorn. It was worth it just for the social scene and car spotting!

Anyway I found the movie great and my wife sort of understands this obsession stuff now. My son who's also obsessed found it great as well. I thought, although a bit corney in parts and I would have liked to see more of Clarkson and Leno, it was a well put together doco, some nice car action, inner thoughts etc. stuff and well worth seeing. I'll be getting the DVD as soon as it's out for safe keeping and viewing when I am a bit down about the beast! and with Alfa there may be a few of these moments, although alas the high's far outway them.

Be interested in what others think. And if you haven't seen it try the drive-in, rather than the cinema.

1750GT

alfagtv58

1750GT, there is a bit of a chat about it here http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=2446.0

Interesting to hear your wife enjoyed it.  After seeing it I thought my wife would tolerate it.....just.

Maybe we should try and organise a late in the day run down to dromana??
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Mat Francis

Presuming my car's in one piece i'll be in on it
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

1750GT

Phil your right about the wife but I did say she sort of understands the obssession stuff now rather than she necessary enjoyed it. Still if you are going to attempt to take the other half, the drives are the best, they seem to be more forgiving of man dud (in their eyes) films if they are at the drives and besides if its a good night they can stroll across to another screen (just make sure you take the portable radio) or alternately you end up with the portable radio and sitting on a foldaway chair (you conveniently placed in the boot before you left) watching the movie and she takes the car to the other screen! Fortunately! this did not happen in our case.

Thanks for the other thread you sent me, if I'd realised it was there I wouldn't have started this one.

Definitely agree with your comment in the other thread that, although they are trying to get the punter along, I doubt that non car enthusiasts will like the film and this is already clear by the fact that few cinema's are showing it and those that are are only showing 1 or 2 sessions.

If the Dromana run is in a couple of weeks and on the weekend I'd be interested, getting some stuff done on the car next week.

1750GT