Some website changes...

Started by Evan Bottcher, March 17, 2009, 12:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Hi folks,

You won't notice too much (yet) but I've made some upgrades to the software that runs this forum.  You'll notice if something has broken, if so please PM me and let me know, or reply to this thread.  I've move the forum so that it sits at www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum, and this might have broken a few things.

As part of the upgrade I've also broken the link with the main Vic website, so if you were logging in using the Vic homepage you can't do that anymore.  Click the forum button and log in directly using the forum.  The "recent forum" section of the Vic homepage is no longer working - will try to fix that shortly.

This is partly in prep for a whole new release of the forum software which should introduce some new features.  I also have to keep things up to date to reduce the likelihood of being hacked, and slow down the spammers.

Hope I haven't inconvenienced anyone too much!

thanks,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Simon Bidese

Hi Evan,

Firstly i am sure all members and guests agree, your efforts in supporting our website/forum are truly appreciated!!!!
I was a big fan of the "Recent Forum Posts" section on the main page.
Does the new software have a similar view that we can link to?

Cheers,

Simon

Evan Bottcher

Hi Simon, at the top of the page is a link titled Show unread posts since last visit..  This should show you anything that you haven't read on the site.

I'll try to get the 'latest forum' feature working again on the front page soon.

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Simon Bidese

dehne

hi the unread posts link is playing up asits saying i have none availble yet othersections are highlighted that i have not read
thanks  good luck with the improvements
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

1750GT

Thanks Evan. Is the feature - show responses to your last posts - going to make a comeback? thats a great feature as it helps you respond to people after they have respoded to your posts. Without it it makes it hard to keep following up your last threads.

Also, will the Vic Links be reinstated.

Thanks for your efforts.

1750GT