Wrecking GT Junior 1600 if there is a lot of interest!!!!

Started by goran, April 20, 2009, 04:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goran

Hi all,

If the car is not sold this week, i am considering of wrecking the car, if anybody is interested in any parts please let me know as i've had  a lot interest today.

Please send me a msg and i will decide once i can see how many people might be interested,Thank you.

The car photos are in the add below.

Davidm1600

Hey Goran

Just had a look at all the pics you previously posted of this car, and must say I have seen a lot worse restored and brought back to life.  You should seen the totally rusted out and bent 2L GTV that someone has for sale in the UK (on the Alfabb) and it is being advertised for approx $5.5K AUD and for restoring.  In truth is really is only suitable for parts unlike your car. which I reckon should be saved.

Hell my Giulia Super, which I bought some years ago had absolutely no cills (outer/middle and was holed in the inners, all 4 doors were toast, the paint totally stuffed as was the interior and the mechanicals also.  This car is now well on the way to recovery, so while your GT 1600 Junior is pretty sad, its all there and the parts to repair it are readily available from a range of suppliers here in Aus, the UK, US etc.

So come on some one buy this car and save another 105 GTV from being wrecked, afterall they don't make them anymore, and the price seems reasonable to me. 

My 1750 GTV while not quite as bad is in similar condition and I will be saving it, I already have a "new" LHS door, still need a RHS one and a bootlid. I bought the front cill repair (outer) from Classic Alfa, but will undoubtedly also need the full cill sections, let alone floors or part repairs to these anyway.

Seriously Goran it is too good to wreck.   However, if you are really insistent on doing so, can you please PM me re a price for your bootlid as I could use it. Pity your RHS door is rusted as I would be interested in this.  I am sure Pep also would be interested in parts for his rebuild of his 1600 GT. 

If I were in Melbourne and had the spare $$ I would buy it off you to save it being wrecked but alas I am unable to.  Goodluck with the outcome.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

goran

Hi,

I agree, there is couple of people that might take the whole car this week if not i will have to do it.

If anybody needs part let me know,Thanks.

k76

Don't wreck it, it deserves better!    I've got enough on my plate as it is and nowhere to store it, but someone must be interested in this car?
'77 Alfetta GTV 2000
'82 Alfetta Sportiva
'04 147 TS