Alfa 33

Started by Helpmyboxer33, April 22, 2009, 10:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helpmyboxer33

I need some help.  I have been lucky enough to be given an Alfa 33.  It is stamped "Built June 85".  The compliance plate is dated 1/86.  I was wondering if it's possible this baby can run on normal unleaded.  Or do I need to use some type of additive with the unleaded (which I was trying to avoid if possible). Can anybody advise my best option.

Thank you for your help.
Dave

Ray Pignataro

It will run on unleaded premium fuel is allways better. may have to retard timing a degree or two. or maybe not have to suck it and see.

lombardi

had many of these beaut cars,runs perfect on prem unleaded,no additives or lead supplement required.the 1.5 twin webber engine is legendary and bullet proof,the originators of the boxer engine,subaru even copied the design[stole it],congratulations on a awesome gift.CIAO.
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Helpmyboxer33

This might be a dumb question. But is there any difference between premium unleaded at say Shell or BP, etc. Or are they much the same?

Sheldon McIntosh

There're no dumb questions buddy.  However I imagine most of the stuff you want to know would have been asked and answered before, feel free to roam about the forum.

Go here for all you'll ever need to know about petrol....     http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=2451.0