Fiat-Chrysler Merger

Started by f1worldchamp, June 03, 2009, 12:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f1worldchamp

Now that Fiat and Chrysler have more or less completed their merger/takeover, what options, if any, might this present for Alfa? Kinda hoping Alfa will have access to a rear drive platform to underpin a new GTV?
Or a Alfa designed body over Dodge Challenger chassis? New Montreal? 8)
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians

MD

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

spieret

I'd be looking for the new 169 with maserati feet.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

1750GT

Maybe an Alfa PT Cruiser, an expansion to Four Wheel drive with an Alfa Nitro; but seriously some of the rear drive Mercedes platforms, albiet that they are previous generation, would give Alfa Romeo some good stuff to start working on for a possible return to rear drive. I think Alfa definetly want to do it as thats where it's heriatage is but have had a number of false starts with a joint arrangement with SAAB, GM (now over with their problems and the hook up with Chrysler), attempts to use Masa platforms (but too expensive) etc.

I certainly hope they can do it, but they'll need to hurry as even Chrysler is considering going all front drive and now that there relationship with Mercedes is over they no longer have acess to the Merc platforms.

1750GT

lombardi

Nothing is sacred anymore,if this merger goes through its nothing short of criminal,How can u pit Italianissimo with US brute,this is hoping the deal dies, i know fiat wants an entry point to the american market, BUT !!!!!   CIAO
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Choom

Quote from: f1worldchamp on June 03, 2009, 12:21:29 PM
Now that Fiat and Chrysler have more or less completed their merger/takeover, what options, if any, might this present for Alfa? Kinda hoping Alfa will have access to a rear drive platform to underpin a new GTV?
Or a Alfa designed body over Dodge Challenger chassis? New Montreal? 8)

Being a recent Chrysler 300C owner, I think the two Companies could combine to make a great rear wheel performance car           javascript:void(0); 
Peter
2009 Alfa Brera 2.2 Selespeed