F-1 WILL DIE WITHOUT FERRARI

Started by lombardi, May 21, 2009, 06:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilliamB1750

Quote from: rosso_alfa on May 24, 2009, 01:39:16 PM
Im sure this matter will be cleared up. No Team should run at 100-120 million euros. The Scuderia have a contract in which they will participate in the next 3 seasons. The Monaco GP is tonight and we have a Ferrari on the front row and I imagine it will be leading come lap 2. So do we have many Alfa Romeo owners who are F1 nuts? I am the latter.. soon to be BOTH!
Well it was a better showing by the red cars, not exactly brilliant.
I seem to remember once years ago there were some green cars in the F1 field. Anyone remember who they were?? ;)

lombardi

JAGUAR- IN OTHER WORDS A FANCY FORD.CIAO
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

k76

I guess you're talking about Lotus? The sport seems to have survived the loss of them alright. They might not have had quite the status of Ferrari, but not far behind in its time. Lets not forget who invented the monocoque, ground effect and a few other trivial things.
'77 Alfetta GTV 2000
'82 Alfetta Sportiva
'04 147 TS

f1worldchamp

Quote from: k76 on May 25, 2009, 04:05:54 PM
I guess you're talking about Lotus? The sport seems to have survived the loss of them alright. They might not have had quite the status of Ferrari, but not far behind in its time. Lets not forget who invented the monocoque, ground effect and a few other trivial things.
I don't think Lotus ever had green livery, maybe right at the end. By then they were a shadow of there former selves anyway, and had been since Colin Chapman passed.
I thought rosso_alfa was referring to the Alfa Romeo team, which was sponsored by Benneton at one stage and had green livery.
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians

WilliamB1750

Quote from: lombardi on May 25, 2009, 11:30:42 AM
:D :D Totally forgot about them even though I got models of Webbers cars.
Quote from: f1worldchamp on May 25, 2009, 04:10:22 PM
I don't think Lotus ever had green livery, maybe right at the end. By then they were a shadow of there former selves anyway, and had been since Colin Chapman passed.
I thought rosso_alfa was referring to the Alfa Romeo team, which was sponsored by Benneton at one stage and had green livery.
Yep it was early 80's I beleive and many have been through before and since and F1 still rolls on, the championship will survive in one shape or form, just might not have Bernie at the helm (might be a blessing), and Max might fall by the wayside. I for one wouldn't shed any tears if those 2 were displaced/replaced. Needs some common sense to prevail somehow.

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: lombardi on May 25, 2009, 11:30:42 AM

You're doing a very good job of winding people up Lombardi.   ;)

Calling Jaguar a fancy Ford is exactly like calling Ferrari a fancy Fiat.  Jaguar has been around longer than Ferrari, and were an independent manufacturer for far longer.  If you think that Scuderia Ferrari is anything other than Fiat's racing arm you're deluding yourself.

Quote from: WilliamB1750 on May 25, 2009, 11:14:45 AM
I seem to remember once years ago there were some green cars in the F1 field. Anyone remember who they were?? ;)

Vanwall, BRM, Cooper, Brabham(British-Aus), Mclaren(British-NZ), etc, etc.   ;)

There's no denying that Ferrari have done brilliantly well in leveraging the 'mystique' of their brand into a massive fan base, masquerading as national fervour.  So much so that it was only about 7 years ago that everyone tried to do the same, hence the reference to the green Jaguars a couple of posts hence.  In trying to stir up some similar jingoism, and get the feelings of the good old days when cars were in their national colours, there were the "BRG" Jaguars, the silver Mclaren-Mercedes, the white Hondas, the blue Renaults.  Didn't work for anybody really......

Formula 1 will always survive (I hope), but it may need some radical changes pretty soon.  Don't forget that it was just about dead in the 60s as well, and at one stage they were running 1.5 litre NA engines, the series would have died without the affordable and competitive Cosworth DFV engine.

And someone more controversial than me might also say that any team could do as well as Ferrari if they were getting as many extra payments as Ferrari do...http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21055.html

Lombardi, here's a video you might like..

And another....

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=513.0

WilliamB1750

Cheers Sheldon, good article that.

Red Devil GTV6

Enzo Ferrari would be rolling in his grave at what is going on.

Don't forget Ferrari is is business to go motor racing. Thats what Ferrar know best and thats what Enzo would expect.

The road car business is just a bit of fun on the side for them.

Ferrari wont be going anywhere.......great bluff tough!

f1worldchamp

Quote from: Harrislu on May 26, 2009, 09:27:11 PM
Ferrari wont be going anywhere.......great bluff tough!
I wouldn't think Ferrari staying with the F1 is a forgone conclusion. Their involvement with A1GP gives them the infrastructure for another series. All that have to do is invite Toyota, BMW and Renault to run cars in A1GP, and presto, the heart is ripped out of F1.
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians