Top Gear

Started by Ash Gordon, May 11, 2009, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Gordon

Any chance thats was Lindsay Fox's Lambo and a "FREE" plug with the truck on tonight' show ?

or am I just a wee bit cynical...
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

Barry Edmunds

Ash,
Not sure about the Fox involvement but your suggestion about the free plug seems likely. Don't think you are being cynical, just observant.

SBS budget obviously doesn't run to razor blades for the mouth from the south and some half decent clothes for him and his co hosts.

I'll reserve judgement on the show for a while

Barry

Sheldon McIntosh

Yeah, good call Ash.

It was the same colour scheme as a recent Press car, but it could have been passed on to LinFox...   And I wonder why it wasn't registered?

alfagtv58

It's possibly this car.....a mate of Damien Crea's turned up at Monza's one day in this.  It was the loaner car while his Diablo (from memory) was in for repair  :o

I noticed that Linfox got a mention in the credits at the end.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

It's definitely not that car.  Two too few cylinders for starters....

Gary Pearce

Hey what did you think of the show..........
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Davidm1600

aghm, I wonder if I should comment or not.  ;D afterall the comments on the thread I started after season 1 started.   

Ok I will.   At least James is more bearable than the pretend Clarkson, but I agree that SBS should provide some razor blades and decent threads.  Definitely still too scripted (obvious to blind Freddy) and lacking that x factor.  It could be so much  better but I guess I will be watching it again next Monday.  I just wish they could do some really good challenges for a change, especially when they had such a decent motor (Lambo) to use.  Perhaps they are not allowed to ???   Dave

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

1750GT

No need to commnet, one, sorry two words say it all "still crapola", James is definitely better but even he talks as if he's constantly reading off a cue card, which isn't normally his style, perhaps lacking some confidence early. But of course I wouldn't want to offend anyone who thinks otherwise! and would like to confirm that its only an opinion.

1750GT

Gary Pearce

Any better last night 1750GT?
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

MD

My personal take is that everybody is just trying a little too hard and it shows. Not enough segment variety and the segments themselves are too long and drawn out. Episodes can only get better.Am I going to watch the next one? ..does the sun rise in the east?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

1750GT

I must say that the the segemnt with James Dad, the priest and getting attitiude with the truck started to show some real entertainment value.

But the rest, still crapola, I must say I am surprised with James, still seems to be waiting for the cue card to come up, whereas on previous TV stints was much more natural and adlib.

The search for a non-scripted entertainment value show continues. We await the next instalment.

1750GT

Davidm1600

ah yep agree 1750GT (must be comming around to your way of thinking  ;D !), but I have to admit enjoying the segment on the Maserati the previous week.  I thought that was actually well crafted, from Wazza's nice pen and ink impression of the car to actually being quite serious in his appraisal, even daring to disagree with Clarkson.  Similarly the camera work was also nice on that film.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Jekyll and Hyde

On the whole I think they may actually be starting to put out some enjoyable moments, but you still have to look for them with a magnifying glass.  I like the old TV ads they put on though - and I keep getting Warrens version of the Holden jingle stuck in my head.  Football, meat pies and electric cars......