Blown/Stuffed Alfasud 1.5 engine

Started by Guy, June 27, 2009, 10:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy

Hey all i was wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who has a decent alfasud 1.5L engine as mine got stuffed midway through a rally. cheers

Sportscar Nut

Guy

I have a Sud I am wrecking that had a front end fire. Apparently the engine was fine before the fire but carbs/ piping/ electrical are destroyed. I imagine the engine (head/ block) are sound as gearbox and brakes look okay.

Let me know if interested in the motor.

Thanks
Paul

Southern75

Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

Sportscar Nut

Fire damaged Sud is a 3 door hatch Series 3 and I think has a 1982 build date. The car would have orginally had a single carb motor but twin carbs have been added at some stage (carbs have been destroyed by the fire).

The car is basically complete except for rear shockers/ rear quarter windows/ few trim pieces but most of the front end has been damaged by the fire (engine bay through to dashboard/ front windscreen).

Brakes; gearbox; motor; most interior all there - motor would need new cambox seals/ cambelts/ all hoses etc but previous owner believed is fine (and apparently turned the motor off prior to jumping out of the car when it caught fire due to worn petrol lines!!). In addition, the front calipers had just been rebuilt and the owner was testing driving the vehcile when it caught fire.

$200 for the whole car if interested.

Regards
Paul

Southern75

I would love some of the bits off it if you were thinking of stripping it.

The guards especially
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

Sportscar Nut

Sorry Matthew but don't want to strip. Want to get rid of whole car; will probably go to scrap metal.

Regards
Paul