Webber WINS!!!

Started by alfagtv58, July 13, 2009, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Congratulations to Mark Webber  ;D :o ;D :o

Awesome race, thought he was gone after the start, thought we was gone after the drive through....amazing drive and even better result!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Absolutely fantastic to finally get that much deserved first F1 win and to do it after having to jump so many hurdles!

He has had the talent ever since his Yellow Pages sposored F.Ford days and to survive the 2 flips @ Le Mans shows he has the guts too!

Been a big, unwielding fan for a long time and was jumping around the house with joy after the race.  First Aussie to win in 29 years!
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

WilliamB1750

Just watched the replay after working over night, what a huge job he did to beat everyone, including the FIA.
Winning on merit and not luck of the draw was brilliant. Good on him.  8)

Frank Musco

"WEBBER FOR PM",

Thats what I reckon!

1750GT

ERR, I dont think we want him to be PM, we just want him to stick to winning a bucket load more races don't we?

What a great result finally for a bloke who has had so much bad luck, some of his own making but still an extremely unlucky driver. I think where Mark also deserves it is his car set up/engineering prowess. He adds more to the teams he's been involved in in terms of car set up for race day and pre-testing than alot of people give him credit for and I have no doubt after he hangs up the boots that he may very well run a team of his own, certainly has the skill set.

1750GT