85 gtv 2.0l wrecking

Started by david, October 18, 2006, 12:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

hi all,

wrecking a 85 gtv 2.ol. complete interior in immaculate condition for age. gearbox good. engine had recent headgasket and valve clearences done but does blow the usual bit of smoke. car damaged at the front but rest of panels r immaculate. no rust!! open to most offers for bits and pieces as car is taking up valuable real estate space (you all know how it is), and must wreck to make room for another car. email me at dsammartino1@hotmail.com, car is complete at the moment but will seperate as people start to ask for parts from it.

Trent

Hi David, I have a 77" Chrome bumper GTV. Will the Transaxel from your 85 fit into a 77 GTV ?

If so PM me with a price and i can come have a look too. Providing your not too far :P

Trent

I am in need of a transaxel, if anyone has one thats right to go pls PM me asap!.

david

the transaxle will fit the 77 model gtv. differences are from memory, you will need to bash the body a bit to fit the isostatic  shifter that is on the 85 gbox. this is easy job actually. u will also need the linkage that goes to the front gear lever and the lever itself as these r specifically for use with the isostic mechanisms. worth the extra 30 mins of effort for far better gearbox feel compared to non isostatic models. the only other thing i can think of is the axles may be different from your model but i will supply all these little extras u need for straight fitment in the sale price. like i said the gearbox is quiet and does not crunch in any gears even under a little bit of spirited driving. 300 bucks and u can have it. free advice on fitting it also or alternatively i can arrange fitment for you if u like at a fair price.

p.s and as the car has not been dismantled yet i guess you can have a brief drive of it if u like. also is there anyone out there interested in a dashboard mat for the one piece gtv style dash (83 onwards ). will fit a gtv4 or 6 and is great to conceil cracked dashboard or protect it from cracking. is black carpet.

david

some pics of the car before it was smashed at the front. car still looks the same but front damage is too much to repair but as u can see is a virtually rust free and in very good condition. looking to get rid of it in parts only though. cheers.