Euromarque/Brisbane - Kudos for changes!!!

Started by vicw, August 11, 2009, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicw

I thought I would probably be the last person to ever recommend or give praise to Euromarque/Brisbane given my history with locking horns with them in the past, but things can change. I won't dwell on the past because it serves no valid purpose. Let's just say they were a business that seemed to be in a constant state of flux and lacked direction. A great shame because their workshops and salesrooms are very state of the art and in a great location.

I spoke with Andrew the new Service Manager last week and he impressed me with being a 'people' person and willing to L I S T E N to us customers. I run a couple of businesses myself and am pretty sure I can pick out the Bshit artists fairly well. They booked me in on Monday and did work on my car including fixing the seal on my Xenon lights. Instead of me having to fork out $3500 to replace them. This is outlined in another post of mine. The work went without a hitch I was called to pick the car up and the work was gratis.

I thought what the heck. I've moaned enough about their bad points in the past... I'll take the time to compliment them. I rang Euromarque to find out whom Andrew reported to and within half an hour the General Manager of Euromarque called. He looks after the complete Alfa/Fiat/Ferrari/Maserati/Audi/Bentley sales and service. In other words the head banana. We had a nice long chat and he explained that the  management teams in sales and service of the various departments had been replaced as seen fit and they are going to learn by their past mistakes and be more pro-active. He said he is always open to suggestions, criticisms and feed-back good and bad.

Well of course we shall see what happens but my impressions were good. It would be win-win because they will get my service and I won't have to travel to Sydney to get my Alfa serviced. Believe it or not I did this with my cambelt service a few weeks ago.

Let's hope for the best,

Vic

Alfa GT V6 3.2L '06
VicW - Alfa GT 3.2L Coupe '06

Click here for an easy and free way to help care for those in need at The Animal Rescue Site

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

ForzaSab

mmmmmmm well after being charged $750 odd to change a new coil pack and 4 spark plugs i wont be going near them at all.
I think that there showed their utter contempt for us alfisti!
I've found someone in the bayside suburbs of brisbane that will service my car much much cheaper than euromarque, its a husband and wife team that really do a great job.
Good that you got you lights fixed though.

vicw

Quote from: ForzaSab on August 12, 2009, 06:35:15 AM
mmmmmmm well after being charged $750 odd to change a new coil pack and 4 spark plugs i wont be going near them at all.
I think that there showed their utter contempt for us alfisti!
I've found someone in the bayside suburbs of brisbane that will service my car much much cheaper than euromarque, its a husband and wife team that really do a great job.
Good that you got you lights fixed though.

Just out of curiousity are they on the bend just before you enter Wynnum shops? They have a GTV done up for racing outside. I go sailing on Wednesdays and have noticed that place. Can I also ask if you've got any idea what the bayside people would charge for the same job? (coil and plugs).  If you've got a personal liking for them stick with them else maybe try in future to hit Euromarque for a compatible cost.

I won't mention this guy's name I used for my older Alfas but he's pretty well known with the older model Alfa crowds and a nice guy to boot but he would be lost with the later model Alfas and I recently found out that he's not a qualified mechanic even though he's taught himself well. When I mentioned I bought the latest Alfa GT he told me that no way would he nor could he, do any work on them.

I guess stick with the one's you are happy with as long as they are reasonable and their work is to be trusted. Saying that it's always possible that twisting the arms of the 'new' Euromarque might get you results.

Vic
VicW - Alfa GT 3.2L Coupe '06

Click here for an easy and free way to help care for those in need at The Animal Rescue Site

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

ForzaSab

Quote from: vicw on August 12, 2009, 09:09:24 AM
Just out of curiousity are they on the bend just before you enter Wynnum shops?

No this guy is in Capalaba in Steel street, Euro-Aus is the name.
He has a small workshop and works on Audi's, Mercedes, VW's etc etc.
LOL i had to get the 4th and final coil pack changed and this time it was even cheaper at $309 + GST  ;)

fun_in_the_sun

Hi,
I just noticed this post after finishing writing one about the poor service I received from this particular place - http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=3670.0

I did find Andrew very personable and helpful but unfortunately the rest of the team still lets him down.
I had spoken to Andrew on the phone extensively before bringing in the vehicle and was left quite confident I was well looked after.
Except when I did get there it was not at all as I expected.

I never saw Andrew when I dropped off my Alfa - only a "Grant".

I spoke however to Andrew personally at the end to explain my disappointment and I feel he did sympathize and try to rectify the main issues but overall I am still less than impressed with their lack of service.
I didn't even tell him all the things that I was annoyed at only the really obvious issues.

They dress nicely and have a great complex but just don't know how to add that little bit to make it a good experience. Even the basics were completely overlooked.

I did even ask another lady that was picking up a car after me whether she was happy with the service and her face said it all and did she then let it rip... Apparantly she has been having issues with them and her car for 5 years and is selling it to not have to rely on Alfa Brisbane anymore. She believes they have the monopoly and it is not worth having an Alfa in the end.

I personally have had better service at my local KMart Tyre & Auto with my previous Euro vehicle and that was in walking distance  :-\

I think Andrew may have the best intentions and seems a nice guy but they really need a HUGE overhaul in performance and maybe it is a bigger job than he can take on...