Well I've picked up my GT with Q2 diff fitted

Started by vicw, August 31, 2009, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicw

Very nice indeed. Hopped in and took off. At first the gear shifting didn't feel quite right even though the car was warmed up. I thought uh oh maybe the Amsoil Severe Gear oil mightn't have been the best thing. No problems... after a few kilometres I guess the oil was passing through all the gears and the shift felt perfect. Didn't have much chance to try the new diff too hard as it was peak hour. I got to a small roundabout and floored it and then I started to see the difference. Was able to make it oversteer without too much problems and the steering felt very smooth.

Not content with that I went to a set of red lights near my home that has some rough patches and with the normal diff, flattening it would cause the car to skip and torque steer would come in something fierce. Smooth as a cucumber. No steering juddering or violence of any kind. Can't wait to try it in the wet.

The diff(erence) is like chalk and cheese. Best thing I'd done to the car since I bought it. The diff. change was done by John French Motors and I fully recommend them. Colin is the chief mechanic. I bought the diff. and various parts through EB Spares in the UK and that worked out at around $885AU. I bought the oil myself and that cost $75 and I have a litre remaining. John French Motors only charged $450AU to install it which is VERY reasonable so the whole thing cost me $1400AU fully fitted. Great price I think for what you're getting. As you can gather I am very pleased and fully recommend John French Motors for the work. He's buying a number of Q2 diffs. himself so that is an added bonus for the future for people who want the complete job done without bothering to import the diffs.

Thanks Shiny and other people who have always sung the praises of the Q2. Add me to the converted.

Vic :D
VicW - Alfa GT 3.2L Coupe '06

Click here for an easy and free way to help care for those in need at The Animal Rescue Site

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/