Tasmanians!

Started by Mat Francis, September 26, 2009, 04:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

G'day all you alfisti down South there. I have a couple of rather unusual, life or death questions to ask of you knowledgeable folk.

I heard a rumour that you lucky blokes get Boag's Draught tinnies, down there, true or false?
Next part of the question, are they stack-able? as in, is the top of the can the same size as the bottom? This is of vital importance.

And lastly, should some idiot get the boat across, pack the car with, say, ohh, about 15 slabs of them, do you think any authority would have an issue with this?

Cheers
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

MD

Quotedo you think any authority would have an issue with this?

..only if they dont get any I assume .  ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Sheldon McIntosh

You can get them in Melbourne.

Mat Francis

Well, i'm not sure whether i should be excited or disappointed. Good to hear that they are available, bad because i don't have an excuse to go thrash around Tasmania for a day.

Cheers Sheldon, much easier option.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

1750GT

Mat you could take 15 slabs of vic bitter in your car on the boat for $150 return, have a thrash, throw them in the water in them thar hills and bring back 15 slabs of boags, might work if you throw your other half in the water as well! Gee I think the commercials are true aren't they?

1750GT

Davidm1600

;D Ok Mat, as a Tasmanian, and hence someone at whom your enquiry could have been directed at, I am going to fall for it and ask the question that nout other did,.... ??? why ?  Why do you wish to bring back so much Boags to Melbourne.

Uhm certainly perhaps as it could have been a good excuse to have a thrash around the State, which, as some of you who might have been down here would be aware we do have some reasonably good roads for such adventures. But, apart from that, I mean Boags in tinnies is ok, but the Premium in bottles is so much better for drinking.

So it leaves me wondering if there could have been some ulterior engineering motive for wanting tinnies that  are stack-able.  ???   So I am wondering did you need them to make some shelving to stack all your Alfa spares, or perhaps you needed a new legs for a coffee table or and perhaps my best idea, perhaps it was a part of a Uni Challenge, which apart from the engineering of the cans, would have at least also given you the fuel to inspire the design. 

Either way, Sheldon's grasp on alternative and possibly even lucrative option has legs.   ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

scuzzyGTV

well being from the southern part of this sunny *cough* state my question to both Mat and Dave is why boags??

seriously dave you are in hobart shouldn't we promoting cascade? far better draught than that northern stuff and cascade draught is only available in tas.

but if it were my money i'd go for pale ale anyday :D
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

Davidm1600

Damn you Scott,  havn't you heard of the Official Secrets Act,  :-X that Pale is meant to be just for us Southerners.  ;D  Now they will be all wanting the good stuff. Its a bit like the Betta Milk that all those mainlanders are after.  We certainly will need more than just Frank and his cat, "Killer" and Niki, guarding the border, watching out for all those Pale'ies heading Norf.   :(

Mind you, you are probably correct re that Cascade draught in tinnies. 
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

MD

I can feel a beer war coming on....(sung to the tune of...
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Mat Francis

Quote from: Davidm1750 on September 27, 2009, 10:25:13 PM

So it leaves me wondering if there could have been some ulterior engineering motive for wanting tinnies that  are stack-able.  ???  

perhaps it was a part of a Uni Challenge, which apart from the engineering of the cans, would have at least also given you the fuel to inspire the design. 

Bingo.

As Sheldon highlights, i havn't really had a good look at what is available here yet. Still got a couple of months to iron out the bugs. It was my understanding that the range of stack-able tinnies in Victoria was pretty much limited to Red Bitter, Ice, Gold. All the good stuff you can get for $1 a can or less on special.

On this discussion someone mentioned that they heard Boags tinnies were stackable, and available in Tasmania, but they had never seen them over here. Compared to the beer mentioned above it is the obvious choice. Conviniently also one of my preferred drops.

If i remember, or am capable of using a camera when the time comes i will follow this up, and all will be revealed...
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Davidm1600

Sounds most intriguing Mat, yeah please mate keep us posted and hopefully you will get to not only down the contents but that it will help with the inspiration  ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Mat Francis

Don't get too excited or hold your breath for the end result. I have since thought of a secondary use for all the empties though to make the mission arguably a little more useful though.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Sheldon McIntosh

Making one of these?

Davidm1600

That guy had obviously way too much time on his hands to make that Stang, and he was still standing upright after that much beer !!  Oh thats right it was US beer and we all know that stuff is as weak as cats Piss.  ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Mat Francis

Pretty impressive. I could build an alfetta that wouldn't rust!
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie