Wanted to Borrow 2000 model alfa spider spare wheel

Started by haxby, October 30, 2009, 08:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haxby

I have just bought an alfa spider at auction.

The car will be getting its roadworthy this coming week.

It didnt come with a spare wheel in the boot - just a run-flat kit with an electric pump and bottle of glue....

I think the run-flat kit won't be up to scratch for the roadworthy test, and they will probably insist I get a spare wheel......

Problem is that I dont want a spare wheel in the boot and I dont want one kicking around the house either...

So does anyone in Melbourne have a spare wheel I can borrow for 1 week?

I can shout you lunch and I can leave a cash deposit?

Cheers, Phil (happy new alfa owner)

Brad M

Quote from: haxby on October 30, 2009, 08:22:20 AM
I think the run-flat kit won't be up to scratch for the roadworthy test, and they will probably insist I get a spare wheel......

If the run flat kit is standard issue (is it?), why would VicRoads insist on a spare wheel?

There are quite a few cars being sold now with no spare wheel.

Good luck with you request.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

haxby

That's a really good point. Maybe I dont need one.

The tyres are Pirelli brand which may be designed to be run flat.... but i dont know how to find out if they are.

The run flat kit that came with the car is in an Alfa Romeo branded bag which suggests it is stock equipment, but the electric air pump inside the kit looks like a generic $20 kmart special.

But the car does have a mounting point for a spare wheel so maybe it had one at one point.....

Guess I will just wait to see what the RWC guys say...

Cheers, Phil

Joe Garra

My spider (which I miss terribly) only had the puncture kit. It should pass roadworthy.
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

Craig C

The tyres aren't 'run flat' but the repair kit did come new as a substitue for a spare for space and weight reasons.  (ie it repairs and inflates a normal flat tyre to get you out of trouble)

You could buy an accesory kit with a low speed temporary spare wheel  and the jack etc at the time that would fit in the boot.

I agree with teh others that you shouldn't need the spare for RWC.
2003 Spider
1984 GTV 2.0

haxby

Fantastic news. One less thing to worry about.

Cheers, Phil

tony90

In Qld, spare doesnt matter, can be smooth as a babies bottom or missing altogether. Not able to knock it in a safety certificate now.  ???
btw I do rwcs