Free Alfetta for parts

Started by bonkfrog, October 11, 2009, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonkfrog

Alfetta 2000 available in Adelaide for parts. Running engine, good transmission, body looks to be rust free. Must be picked up before end of first week in November or it's off to the crusher. Please ring me on 02 60566391 to arrange access.
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

Storm_X

hay im intrested in the car. where in adelaide is it located? and does it have rego and can it get rego ?

do u have a mobile number

thanks chris
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

bonkfrog

Sorry Chris
It's not registerable; parts only I'm afraid: radiator, starter, alternator, mags, carburettors are gone already.

Bonkfrog

Storm_X

i have a spare radiator, starter, alternator, mags, and carburettors here if i put them on can rego be done?

bonkfrog

Chris
You're welcome to have a look at the car. You'd need to arrange access - it's on the RAAF base at Edinburgh. Ring Andrew on 0435 192 359 after 5:30.

Cheers

John

Storm_X

his name on the fourms wouldnt happen to be ROO would it ? i remember two alfettas where allways sitting the the RAFF everytime i went past. gone now tho.

kool thanks i will contact him.

bonkfrog

Yes, StormX it is Roo. One of the cars is in the process of restoration and is a daily driver in Victoria. I'm now looking for extractors and a heavier front sway bar. Then the Waggott cams I've got in a cupboard; a bit of lowering . . . will it never end?

Storm_X

im pretty sure they where red and silver and he was selling them for $500 each.

u took it all the way 2 vic

bonkfrog

Right again StormX. I couldn't sell them so ended up getting two Alfettas for nothing. The silver one has had brakes rebuilt, reupholstered & some minor engine work (cam clearances were down to .020 mm) and a donut. Runs well with good oil pressure & with increased timing overlap, pulls nearly as well as my old Super 1750 did. The red one has a better transmission as I recall, although the engine may need some attention.

Cheers

Storm_X

that doesnt bother me its just my giulietta is off the road and is getting a turbo and a free alfetta do drive would be great

vin sharp

Quote from: bonkfrog on October 14, 2009, 08:09:45 AM
Yes, StormX it is Roo. One of the cars is in the process of restoration and is a daily driver in Victoria. I'm now looking for extractors and a heavier front sway bar. Then the Waggott cams I've got in a cupboard; a bit of lowering . . . will it never end?

Give me a call  about sway bar and extractors, just might be able to help.

Storm_X

hay vin you wpuldnt happen to have any parts to suit a turbo build would you ?

thnaks chris