Intertesting Alfa

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, October 15, 2009, 10:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,
My Brother-in-law and I are bringing over an interesting Alfa from the States after 7 months of hassle. The ship docks on 11 Nov and if lucky we will have it Como on 15th.
Best Regards to my fellow Alfisti
Phil

dehne

nice, ill pick it up for you at the docks if you like
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

alfagtv58

Fantastic Phil, would love to hear the story behind it!

PS. did you end up selling the 2600?  and.....how goes the Lambo?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

John Hanslow

What a bonus that would be. 

It would be fantastic to see that car there as it would be a highlight of the show due to is rarity and racing pedigree.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

massiveluvbuddy67

Phil,
The 2600 sold to a collector in NSW and has gone into a warehouse of 60 cars and will not see the light of day again. I sold it through an intermediary and I REALLY regret it, as no-one will see it again for many years. The Espada was finally finished last month after 15 months of angst. I did the full catastrophe restoration and have pictures and an article for the Lambo club ready to roll. I am happy to send to anyone who is interested. I will bring it to Como on the 15th (weather permitting).  I have done 500miles and after a couple of issues, is now reliable and running well. 
(There are three cars I regret selling and 2 are Alfas. Doug Gould's mate has a great Montreal that used to be mine).

I am disclosing upfront that the TZ-1 is a replica. It was passed off as a real one in the late 80s during the classic car boom and sold as such. It is a nut and bolt replica - same tubolare chassis, aluminium body, all the same running gear, e.g. rear transaxle, inboard rear brakes, suspension, twin plug engine, interior, etc etc. The key hassle in getting it here is that the previous owner had a real one and wanted the engine and chassis number changed so that no-one could pass it off as a real one again. Combined with a new computer system at the VicRoads equivalent in Montana and DOTARS in Australia being suspicious that TZ was perhaps a newer model than 1990s SZ... and you get the drift on why it has taken 7 months. The prevous owner is a collector and Alfisiti.

Anyway, you only live once and I am sure it will be great....I love the side exhaust!  :)

I have drafted an article for the mag on the car, it's history and the models history. Interestingly, there was one raced here by Alec Mildren in the mid 1960s. It was last heard of in 1990 when Southebys auctioned the car with a reserve $480k to $520k.

Happy to send the draft article to anyone who is interested.

By the way...well done to all involved in the magazine! It is a tremendous magazine and very high quality. Well done to all involved. I love Sheldon's drive reviews.
Best Regards
Phil