NEED HELP WITH 166!! please!

Started by turboalfa, October 11, 2009, 03:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboalfa

hey guys, i was closing the sun rooff and it got stuck then started to work again. like a short. and then the transmission light has come on. and i hear a ticking from the centre consol where the automatic gear lever is. and also from the under the steering wheel where it sounds like i blew a relay but im not sure thought. any ideas?

regards lorenzo.
GTV6 3.0L

lombardi

I wished for a 166 with sunroof,bought a great one but no sunroof,you have just made me appreciate why i am lucky without one-good luck though,i had problems with interior lights staying on,it took my mechanic many headaches and phone calls to finally resolve the problem, after pulling all door trims thinking it was a switch faulty it in fact was a relay box under centre console, maybe this gives u an idea where to start your mission-buona fortuna- ciao-great car the 166-i love it and i am sure you do to.
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

turboalfa

yea they are a great car , until electrics problems come into it. i found if i pull a fuse out it all stops. although i need to slip my hand down the side to dis ingage the parking protector so i can put it in drive. and no climate control or anything works with out this fuse. still trying to figure it out.
GTV6 3.0L