WTB Alfetta sedan

Started by Joey, October 27, 2009, 08:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

After playing and tinkering with the alfetta I picked up off the side of the street I have decided I want to purchase another one!
I am after a early 1980's alfetta sedan with a good/solid rear end. I have a good two liter engine and a fair few straight rust free panels to suit a square light front end.
So to the point, I am looking for a complete car (less engine is fine) registered preferred. I am not out to buy everything for nothing so I am willing to pay a fair market price if you are willing to sell what I am looking for.
These cars sure are addictive  8)

DonH

Joey, I have two Alfetta bodies in various states of decrepitude. Both square headlight models and both were running before gearbox problems forced them off the road. Neither body would get anywhere near a roadworthy and have usual nasty rust spots, but neither is accident damaged and most panels are straight. If you are prepared to assist in removing the engines and gearboxes they are yours. Or make an offer and take the lot (one great worked engine, one OK gearbox, heaps of parts, one set original 14" Sportiva wheels, one set black 15' wheels).

Paul Gulliver

Joey,

You ought to get in contact with club member Matt Francis. (I'm surprized he hasn't jumped in already). At last count he was holding 6 Alfetta sedans hostage at his place.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

norman gen

Hi Joey, a mate of mine in Melb has a v good alfetta 2000 sedan rolling shell available, resprayed a few years ago, ready for mechanicals....I believe he is after approx. 1K for it..........contact Dean at Aus karts in Port Melb

goodluck

Mat Francis

Hostage!? You make it sound like people actually want them! (and for the record, i only have four these days)

On a more serious note though, if you aren't afraid of a bit of work and wanted to do it cheap, i have one shell in reasonable condition, (weekend with the bog and it would probably be roadworthy) that you are welcome to have. I'm not gonna say it's perfect, but compared to some of the others i've had its pretty good really.

Doesn't quite sound like you are after such a big project though?
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

deano

+1 on the port melb alfetta. i actually moved it off the hoist last night to make way for my car. i should explain that i also work at auscarts and my name is also dean... however i am posting on behalf of dean swindles who owns the car.

rust free body, painted 2 years ago in ford red, no dents/scratches. rebuilt front brakes and good booster/master, good steering rack, gutted/painted interior, koni reds etc. no engine, tailshaft or gearbox. more suited for somebody looking to build a track car. all it needs is a cage.

asking $1000.

0422138589 or call auscarts on 96466015 and ask for dean swindles.

'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

Paul Gulliver

No interest in this car , but at $1,000 it is a good deal .It was running with an Alfa 75 V6 before it came off the road  last year and has some good bits.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

MD

QuoteThese cars sure are addictive

Haahha Joey, you should try racing one !! Cheapest fun with your pants on... ;D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Joey

To be honest with you I would be more interested in something already running, the one I have here has a ruined interior box and the body isn't that great a few straight panels here and there though. The engine is in brilliant running condition though. I would prefer to find something nearly road worth, transplant the good bits from the car I have here and work from there. My mechanical ability with these cars is fairly basic, I have changed donks and boxes in other more simpler cars before but these things baffle me! To be honest my car would possibly be salvageable with a new gearbox but by the time I have repaired the rust, changed the box got it registered I would probably be a fair way behind in terms of $$$ over buying something requiring far less work.
Thanks for the reply's guys, I am so excited to be able to have one of these little Italian stallions on the road one day in the future! Driving my horrid example is still pure joy!

deano

'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

Mike

have you considered an Alfa 90?  Cheap as chips and if you like the Alfetta 2l, you'll love the 90's kick in the pants, a good one can be had for 1-2k, 500bucks for a roughie
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb