Re-registering cars in Queensland

Started by L4OMEO, November 04, 2009, 11:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L4OMEO

Hi everyone

Can anyone in Queensland help – I'm possibly buying a car which has previously been registered but will be sold unregistered due to a couple of roadworthiness related issues.  Not having done  this here before I'm not sure of what's involved in getting it re-registered once the car is back in roadworthy condition – can anyone provide a brief rundown on the process and costs involved, or perhaps point me to where I can find out in without getting bogged down in screeds of tedious bureaucratic bulls**t? Also, can the car be driven to and from workshops for repairs while unregistered? I presume not but worth asking.

This is a cheap car so if this is complex & costly then I'll let it go.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rory
2002 156 GTA

spieret

Once you have your RWC in hand it's just the normal cost for registering a car like it's never been registered before. So the years rego, plus stamp duty on cost paid for car.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

janey

in relation to re-registering your vehicle  you have two options  you can either pay for your third party insurance and complete a new registration form from qld transport which gives you the abilty to drive your vehicle to obtain a roadworthy certificate and then to transport department to pay for the rego - provided you think your vehicle will pass the roadworthy without any difficulties !     or   go to the nearest police station and obtain a permit to drive your vehicle to a roadworthy station to have it inspected in case ther are any faults that require attention.   if you have any queries you can call Matilda Workshop in Enoggera QLD (07) 3355-1122 They will help, they also know a couple of things about dear old Alfas

MD

I beleive it is not legal to sell a car  or put a car up for sale without a current roadworthy certificate in Qld. So there is an onus on the vendor to provide you with an effective roadworthy certificate unless you are buying the thing for spare parts in which case the RWC thing is not an issue either way.

A RWC I recently picked up cost me $ 75.

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

janey

you can sell a vehicle in QLD without a roadworty as long as it is unregistered   has no plates on it  and is sold in "As Is Condition"  The new owner is then responsible to repair the vehicle to obtain a roadworthy and register the vehicle as a new registration application

MD

Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

L4OMEO

Thanks for all your help guys, appreciate it.

Rory
2002 156 GTA