My House In Umbria -1948 to 1952 Alfa 6C2500

Started by ProvaRacing, November 09, 2009, 10:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProvaRacing

Don't know if you watched "My House In Umbria" the ABC movie last night but set in around 1992 (as there was a police Alfa 155) and it featured the eccentric lady's Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 in the same color as this example (see link). Was a real surprise when 6 adults and a child climbed aboard for a trip to Sienna (the rear "boot" was a dinky seat for 2).

http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=50&g2_itemId=19622

Bella ;)
PS here's the shorter wheelbase version;
http://www.significantcars.com/cars/1949alfa/

Davidm1600

Having been to Tuscany/Umbria inc Sienna, I enjoyed the film, but even more so especially for the Alfa 6C2500. How absolutely glorious.  Can so imagine driving around that countryside in such a car (well I wish  ;D). For me the best part, was that the Alfa was in very much "used" condition rather than a restored trophy.  So cool  8)

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Fast Eddie

And it was driven quite hard on tight roads (lanes).
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

ForzaSab

Wow what a nice car to go cruising through Tuscany and SIENA (lol sry typo from you both).
I was in that region 5 years ago and all we had was a peugot 206 hdi to cruise around in, cant imagine how much better it would be in something as nostalgic as this!!

Davidm1600

OOPPs you are so correct, my damn fingers can't type or spell !! ;D  Yep, I know what you mean ForzaSab, I had a Rover 200.  In Italy,...the hire car company couldn't even provide me with an Italian car.  I was disappointed but, how special it would be to drive through that countryside in a classic Italian (Alfa or other make).   Ah what a dream.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ForzaSab

We cruised through the Tuscan region on our honeymoon 5 years ago.
LOL i was blessed with a wife that couldnt read the maps right so we ended up cruising through the Montepulciano area on our way to Siena, we had that much of a good time there we named our daughter Siena ;)

ProvaRacing

That's great guys, but especially your daughter naming for that reason...me? unfortunately I was there after the Palio event and during Ferragosto holidays so it was like a ghost town, beautiful architecture but hardly the same motivation as you ForzaSab to remember the right spelling  ;) ;D

Ciao

oz3litre

Umbria is stunningly beautiful. I drove around almost all of it in the 17 months my family and I lived there, (6 months in 2002 and 11 months in 2005). We were based in Todi, which is an ancient hill town right in the middle of Umbria. We had our own Volvo 480 Turbo, which was great fun to drive. It is a sports hatchback that was never sold in Australia. We currently happen to have the only one of these cars in Australia, but not the same one that we had in Italy. We did 37,500 km in it around Italy and other parts of Europe. I loved driving in Italy because you can drive fast and Italian drivers are better than most Australians, so you feel quite safe once you get used to the pace and driving on the right. If I was rich I would visit Italy regularly and have a nice Alfa stored there to use. A 75 Turbo Evoluzione would be nice or one of the 4 wheel drive 164s. One can dream........
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.