Back on the air - Apologies for the interruption

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 11, 2009, 12:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Welcome back folks!

There was a hardware failure on the server that runs this site a couple of days ago, and the hosting company had to restore the website on a new server.  Unfortunately this took a lot longer than they estimated.  This has been the first major outage in 3-4 years of running the forum, hopefully not to be repeated.

Many apologies and hope no-one had too much withdrawal!

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ProvaRacing

Thanks for the update Evan...I was starting to think conspiracy theories...was it the BMW or Audi clubs hacking our website to disrupt the preparations for Spectacolo...I know, I know that's as silly as Germany attempting to invade Poland! ::) :o :o

;D

Ray Pignataro

Evan ,withdrawals I will have to slowly build my usage up so as not to overdose.I was like a junkie looking for a fix. glad were back on line,

Storm_X

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

Evan Bottcher

Continuing to have some problems - a couple of database tables got marked as 'crashed' and had to be repaired.  Not sure why, hopefully it won't happen again.

Thanks for the PMs saying there was an issue!

cheers,
Evan.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Davidm1600

Alls cool Evan  8).  Had wondered what had happened but figured it was a computer glitch.  Thanks for keeping us posted.  ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

dehne

gee thats crap lucky ive been away for a few days and not able to get on the forum other wise there would be head lines
  CRAZY ALFA DRIVER KILLS THOUSANDS OF COMPUTER NERDS DUE TO SERVER CRASH ON FORUM
and we could not have that happening
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

meizhak

Evan,

Dont let it happen again or I'll tell my mum on you
1979 alfetta gtv 2000`
series 1 alfa 33 1.7i 16v