Alfa 33 factory sunroof

Started by BarryDalHerbert, November 25, 2009, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryDalHerbert

I have recently bought an Alfa 33 with a factory sunroof.  It has a big black plastic winder that just goes around and around with no effect on the sunroof which is always open just a crack.  Clearly not the way that it is supposed to be!

I can find no words in my many Alfa 33 workshop manuals about a sunroof.  Does anybody have any information for me?

Does the sunroof come out completely?  And if so, how?

Many thanks
BdH
Canberra

lombardi

I owned a 33 ti 1985 with sunroof- the round object on the roof you are talking about,mine did not work either,but i got around it by inserting small phillips head and it would lift and remove-u can actually remove the sunroof as a whole unit and in the boot up against the rear seats back there are 2 rubber straps,u actually strap your sunroof here and drive without roof in place-i used to love doing this-you bought well-i used to love my 33 and sorry i sold it,it had so much personality-it had those great recaro seats with those sexy headrests-good buying.rgrds
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

BarryDalHerbert

Thanks for the information lombardi, I wondered what those rubber straps were for!  And it is good to know that the sunroof glass comes right out (because it is would have been a bit lame if the glass just hinged up and down!).

I can get a "+" screwdriver up the hole in the middle of the plastic winder, but although I can feel something in there that may well be a Phillips head screw, I can't get enough purchase on it to undo the bugger.  I'll go and squirt some UB-40 up there now and then see if it will shift in the morning.

I can push the glass up with the screwdriver, but it comes right back down just as it does when I lift the glass from the outside.

There are some square black plastic "pillars" one inside another on top of the roof and under the glass that presumably have a screw mechanism inside them that the winder inside the car operates on a good day.  My pillars are raised enought to hold the glass open by about a finger width - not enough to let significant rain in, but plenty big enough for leaves, particularly when they are pine needles!

BdH
Canberra
Fri 27-Nov-09  23:27

lombardi

Are u able to remove sunroof-could be a 2 person job,good luck
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985