Who Wouldn't Buy One

Started by shane wescott, December 16, 2009, 09:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane wescott

Hi Guys

Just a thought as I was driving home tonight.

Must admit, it was in the air coned RAV4, not the GTV6. The Beast doesn't like hot weather, electrical personality issues seem to crop up more often in the heat :-)

Back to my thought. I drove past what I consider to be the best looking current model Alfa out front of the Art Gallery tonight.

Beautiful styling, pretty from the rear, gorgeous from the front. Even a practical folding back seat - Yes you guessed it - a GT.

These are easily my favourite current model for their looks, and the silver one I saw tonight was just lovely.

But what if the specs read:

Engine: Front mounted V6 or 4cylinder

Drive: RWD

Gearbox: Rear mounted

Rear Suspension: De Dion rear end.

Who wouldn't buy one?

Now I am not casting dispersions on those who own a GT, or those who love FWD cars, I've owned a 1998 GTV and loved it, but it wasn't the same as a rear wheel drive car.

I understand the technical reasons why maybe manufacturers argue that FWD is best, but hey, even Holden knows rear wheel drive is the only way to go for their flagship drivers cars. So why can't Alfa work that out !!

I see another thread lamenting the Chyrsler deal and maybe the brand will die - start making some rear wheel drive Drivers cars and see what happens !!!!!!!!

Anyway - off my soap box now - calming down - having a beer.

I would love to see, drive, own a RWD GT, but then again I am a Dreamer - the number of "Summer Project" cars I have owned over the years proves that :-)

Catch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

f1worldchamp

As I mentioned in that other thread, I can't wait to see what Alfa could do with a Chrysler RWD platorm.
Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians