Alfa romeos 159 GTA engine.

Started by turboalfa, December 15, 2009, 02:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboalfa

Hey guys i been doing a bit of research . rather then alfa using holdens 3.2 litre engine in the new gta which were going to be turbo charged. they have decided to go with ferraris F430 engine.

here is a link from where ive read all this.
what do you guys know or think about this?

i cant wait thats all i gotta say.. ill be lining up for one haha also has a alfa romeo q4 system in place:) thank god haha finally moving from front wheel . biggest turn of from the alfas.
GTV6 3.0L

JOHN G

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

turboalfa

GTV6 3.0L

Duk

So is it going to be a transverse mounted V8 4wd ( >:() or a propper north-south mounted V8 4WD ( :))?
Alfa Romeo so need to build a propper performance car chassis and return to their roots.

turboalfa

im hoping north south but from engine bay photos ive seen they look like transverse.

alfa needs to design a car like the 8c but a more of a passenger vechile because they need sumthing that brings them up to mercedes and bmw and audi and closer to ferrari and massarti they have been absoulty no where for the last 5 or so years . im quite disapointed on the way they do things and how plain some of there cars are and to think they dont have any performance vechiles what so ever.

i sure hope they begin to create an M3 threat and soon. rather then just talking the 159 GTA. if the 159 GTA comes  out with the ferrari engine it . ill be glad to purchuse one as long as it comes to australia and is in same sort of production amount as the mercs and bimmers did with there performance range:)

GTV6 3.0L

pep105

Definately a step in the right direction and as Ive mentioned elsewhere the 159 chassis was designed to acommadate tranverse V8 engines as the platform was part of the GM joint venture with Fiat and Saab before the split. Which explains why the 159 is so heavy.

However sorry to say that this article dates from June 2007 and given the recent discussions on future of Alfa in Fiats plans with Chrysler Im a little concerned that this may be a still born project.

Hopefully not the case fingers crossed 
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Sheldon McIntosh

Was also discussed 2 years ago....http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=605.

And as pep105 says, given recent developments at Alfa I see no chance at all this car will be coming out anytime soon.  Shame.

ProvaRacing

Yes this "GTA" concept was either still born or wishful thinking (with silly journos speculating instead of reporting facts). The car in the pics was a fake as in this vid. Someone getting attention riding on the rumour mill of a 159GTA. Sorry no.

If a GTA does make it to production it will be this one (here being filmed for the commercial)...that is if the badge doesn't get dropped for mopar :o  :'(

turboalfa

i understand its 2007 . but wishfull thinking is the way haha.. also im not the biggest fan of the mito GTA. what do u guys think of it?
GTV6 3.0L