Few minor problems with 3.0Litre GTV6 Running 2.5 AFM

Started by turboalfa, December 18, 2009, 10:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboalfa

ok so ive finally got the car on the road for awhille and its been running fine apart a few facts which are starting to do my head in.

Now it blows smoke on take off and i do mean a fair bit. I also believe its because its running rich. Also it only really blows smoke if im idling for more then 30 seconds and give it a small shot u look in the mirror and the car behind has a mouth full of smoke. Most embarassing thing i reckon.

Now i can only use possibly a quater of the throttle . if i use more it will start to cough and run like a pig.

im not sure if updating to a bigger AFM will fix all these problems. also does any1 have an ecu hanging around i could buy cheap by any chance. i just wanna get it running a bit better so doesnt need to be top of the range its just so i can eliminate the AFM and do it all my self.( fuel and air mixture)

Regards Lorenzo

ciao
GTV6 3.0L

Duk

Quote from: turboalfa on December 18, 2009, 10:23:14 AM
Now it blows smoke on take off and i do mean a fair bit. I also believe its because its running rich. Also it only really blows smoke if im idling for more then 30 seconds and give it a small shot u look in the mirror and the car behind has a mouth full of smoke. Most embarassing thing i reckon.

Now i can only use possibly a quater of the throttle . if i use more it will start to cough and run like a pig.

im not sure if updating to a bigger AFM will fix all these problems. also does any1 have an ecu hanging around i could buy cheap by any chance. i just wanna get it running a bit better so doesnt need to be top of the range its just so i can eliminate the AFM and do it all my self.( fuel and air mixture)

You could try tightening the spring inside the airflow meter. Idealy you would use a wideband air/fue ratio meter to make sure you aren't making it run to lean. It does sound like you're a fair way from that.

Failing that, try and get your hands on the 3 litre computer and airflow meter. Tho I have read the the AFMs are the same size, the resistance characteristic of the wiper may be different.

JOHN G

Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

turboalfa

fuel pump is running fine. i still think when i apply to much throttle it coughs a because to much fuel not enough air vice versa. would this make sence?
GTV6 3.0L

david sammartino

Pm me I hav a cheap ecu and afm i can sell you from 75 3 litre