8c GTA ??

Started by turboalfa, December 21, 2009, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboalfa

Here is an artcle i found which is based on last month!!!

LINK is here --  http://www.alfareturns.com/showthread.php?s=2dffebc5101842b94b9c0ff3ad710bfb&t=564

Filed under: Motorsports, Coupe, Performance, Geneva Motor Show, Europe, Alfa Romeo

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - Click image above for a high-res gallery

We have an old saying: there's no such thing as too much Alfa Romeo news. With that in mind, why is the world's hottest Alfa sporting a "Got Milk?" mustache? Because the Photoshop warlocks at Britain's favorite automotive tabloid have no idea what the new 8C GTA is actually going to look like. Here's what we think we know. Alfa Romeo is going to release a carbon fiber intensive 8C Competizione variant called the GTA to celebrate the marque's centenary next year.

Thanks to all the exotic weave, the GTA will be over 300 pounds lighter than the "regular" Competizione, and with a new ECU and stouter internals, the 4.7-liter F430 derived V8 should produce more than 500 horsepower -- just in time to not upstage the 458 Italia's 562 hp. All that power will get neutralized by optional carbon-ceramic stoppers and naturally, expect the GTA's suspension to be much stiffer than the current car's GT tuning.

If it sounds like Alfa might be considering a return to the race track we can only give the thumbs up, smile and mutter under our breath, "about time." And it might help explain the white mouth. Price? Over $300,000. How many? Just 100 examples, total. We're expecting to catch an actual glimpse of the 8C GTA at the Geneva Motor Show this coming March.

Gallery: 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

[Source: AutoExpress]
Rendered Speculation: Alfa Romeo 8C GTA originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
GTV6 3.0L

ProvaRacing

So this is just another obscure forum speculating about "the unlikely" and "no chance"? Lets see is there anywhere you can homologise 100 cars for racing? Apart from the fact nothing mentioned is a fact.

Also a GTA 8C...hmmm isn't the "C" in 8C for Competizione...and the "A" in GTA for Alleggerita (lightened)? So it's going to be a lightened version of a racing car ::)

I know you are trying to bolster hopes and aspirations of a new RWD GTA and return to the track but.... Face it unless it is privateers, the factory isn't going there.

But you are doing such a good job raising hopes you can replace ensign Pulver as morale officer ;D

LOL

turboalfa

Prova.... your name even says it . .. i gotta try some things:) and then pray. but only problem is they made 500 8c. All i want is 159 gta to be real but im so certain its rumour. i only wish we had something to compete with bmw and merc. seriously 10 years ago . alfa was ahead of everyone . with technology and looks... oh wait what happend.
seriously come on guys. lets face it alfa really needs a boost. there honestly no where atm .. and honestly the Mito GTA looks real. but its something i dont really care about.

GTV6 3.0L

turboalfa

How about this??

Alfa Romeo Giulietta

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta.html

Ive never even heard bout this ive been so focused on the GTA series ;)
GTV6 3.0L

dehne

the gulietta sure is a nice looking car and the 8c gta is going to sell for $300'000 but what alfa really need to do is break into the 4wd scene here in oz they was a prototype called the carmal which killed all the others looks wise and its specs were good to [ ill see if i can find the link] well if they bring them here ill be the first to buy and what a great tow car
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

turboalfa

so ur telling me the 8c GTA will be a real car? .. also if alfa break into a 4WD scene i believe they will do the same thing Porche and Bmw and Merc have done. So i doubt it will actually be an off road vechile
GTV6 3.0L

ProvaRacing

They do say timing is everything and so the day you posted this topic, CEO Sergio Marchionne in Rome released the following FIAT group plan. The thing to note is yes whilst I couldn't believe they would release a GTA version of 8C...humbly I concede they are! However I was highlighting they will not go racing with it as a factory supported team and I remain sure of this.

The thing to note is this obscure concept of 8C GTA appears, to me, to be a deflection of the expectations of a "GTA" to be released, the never to be 159 GTA fantasy aside, it appears the MiTo GTA has vanished (possibly replaced by a "verde" version)! So out comes the 8C GTA...which hopefully raises funds in the kitty for post 2011 plans. Note apart from Giulietta, the 159 upgrade and MiTo facelift are all thats in the pipline.

Also the good thing about this is it appears the Chrysler link is more aligned with Lancia than Alfa and maybe it will only be USA distribution benefits that flow to Alfa.

turboalfa

thanks for the clarification on the 8c GTA .. but they cant possibly make more then 500 .. its not logical.

if the normal 8c only has 500 i wish they made it a production vechile would be amazing :)
GTV6 3.0L

Brad M

Quote from: ProvaRacing on December 24, 2009, 09:05:34 AM
it appears the MiTo GTA has vanished (possibly replaced by a "verde" version)!

Could it be it has already been released in Europe ??
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

ProvaRacing

Quote from: Brad Marshall on December 24, 2009, 01:29:03 PM
Could it be it has already been released in Europe ??
Good try but no...it has vanished, Geneva show version was almost concept car as the racing seats and roll cage were not to be production so I knew that but since developing the video of the MiTo GTA with a 105 GTA in Valencia nothing. Even one of the auto news sites that had a youTube clip that was released by AR on the GTA has been removed :o

But I just checked the AR Italia site and no still nothing. Just the verde (green cloverleaf) model with 1.4T 170hp up from the 155hp one which I saw at the dealer release this year (MiTo Sport). The GTA is to have 1.7LT 230hp.

But all the indications are that it was for release 2009 so maybe I'm rushing to conclusions...still 7 days to go haha. ;D

PS pix of Geneva show MiTo GTA

dehne

i would not care if its an off road car just a bigger machine with better towing than the 90 and the look  or the looks
there will only be 100 8c gtas made so when i win the 30 mill on newyears ill by them all  ;D i might even give you guys a test drive BUT only 1 each with an armed security guard beside you  ;)
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

turboalfa

hahahah Dehne.. armed security guard hhahaha ... dont u think they should have turned the 8c into a production car?..

would have been a massive hit for Alfa.. just like audi did with there RS8 or wateva its called lol
GTV6 3.0L