Made in ...I don't know !

Started by ProvaRacing, January 17, 2010, 11:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on January 30, 2010, 12:18:04 AM
Quote from: alfagtv100 (Biggus) on January 30, 2010, 12:06:26 AM
NZ Heineken may be produced to a higher standard than the original variety.  However, that doesn't count for much if it doesn't actually taste like Heineken.  Not that I have tried NZ Heineken.  I am sure its very nice.

It tastes like sparkling water with a hint of beer-coloured food dye.  A bit like some American beers, typified by Miller.  Interestingly enough, Miller is owned by the same company that owns Peroni, a very nice Italian beer, and one I enjoy very much.  They're both owned by SABMiller, from the ....

I see.  But does it taste like Heineken?

Quote from: ProvaRacing on January 17, 2010, 11:23:15 AM
HIV riddled country of South Africa"
Wow. Poor form.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

L4OMEO

You're right of course Marco, it was Heineken I was talking about but it is Dutch. My bad. I ran a Heineken bar which sold both, so naturally a lot of time was spent camparing the two. The NZ brew did taste like Heineken, but the two were distincytly different. In blind taste tests the NZ brew was generally preferred, I was more partial to the original. Kind of ironic given my stance through the rest of this thread, but hey.

QuoteIt tastes like sparkling water with a hint of beer-coloured food dye.  A bit like some American beers, typified by Miller

That's how I would have described Peroni! Everyone tastes things differently, each to their own huh.

Cheers fullas!
2002 156 GTA

ProvaRacing

Quote from: alfagtv100 (Biggus) on January 30, 2010, 12:35:46 AM

Quote from: ProvaRacing on January 17, 2010, 11:23:15 AM
HIV riddled country of South Africa"
Wow. Poor form.
Sadly my statement is accurate and correct but anyway I take it you read all my posts and don't just nit pick? That would be bad form.

Quote from: ProvaRacing on January 19, 2010, 04:24:41 PM
"shortened quote"
BTW When I mentioned reference to HIV riddled Sth Africa it comes from a sister company setup over there and their biggest unknown was how many assemby workers would be turning up each day and keeping consistant skill levels due to illness (and death) from the spread of HIV...wasn't/isn't a joke...sadly true.
"shortened quote"
Wow I must have anticipated people like you.

branko.gt

Being correct and expanding on it later does not make the initial statement any less in bad taste.
Marco did not argue the fact, rather the form.
You arguing about it more or less proves the point that Marco made. Defending the form with the correctness of the fact makes no sense at all when the fact was not in question at any time.
You might as well have said," I'm right and you are wrong, and I am also cleverer and better looking then you lot." Which I'm sure you must be judging by the prevailing arrogant tone of your posts.
You posts seem factually correct and raise valid points but seem to grate some people with the above mentioned tone arrogance.
my suggestion, lighten up and try to understand that it is ok for other people to have differing opinions if they seem silly to you.

ProvaRacing

Point taken. And I accept the tone of your criticism...I assure you I would never argue I am better looking though  :(

PS Can I ask you or anyone else (who has been involved or dealt with Sth Africa and is aware of its problem or read UN or WHO discussion papers) what other word one would use in an "informal forum" to explain the widespread and sad problem? Seriously and sincerely. I stand by what I've said and the only bad form is someones ignorance on the subject. I certainly don't apologise for being correct.

MD

Just to refocus, as valid as these points may be, the core issue is where the car is made. To this end my final contribution is this.

What is it that really gets up my nose?

Is it the suspect quality? Yes
Is it the question of consistency of quality of all the parts in the car? Yes
Is it the supply of future spare parts supplied by some funky sub-assembler? Yes

But the part that goes beyond the nose and up the fooschoo to make the eyes buldge like pipe organ stops is the idea that you can charge the same high price for the car no matter where it's made because the product image will carry the banner having built up the image of a specific country historically. eg. German product made in China.

You make it cheap, sell it cheap. Nothing wrong with that but don't make it cheap and pretend its expensive so you can rip me off. (and I don't want to hear -that's business cause that's a whole new debate on ethics and morals)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

L4OMEO

Quote.... and I don't want to hear -that's business ....

Well that's quite obvious!

This debate is going round in circles and not achieving anything, I'll leave you to it.

Best of luck guys
Rory
2002 156 GTA