1981 Alfa GTV 2l ready for a new home

Started by cwood, February 22, 2007, 05:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwood

For sale is a red 1981 GTV which has been spiriting me around Melbourne these past three years.

The vehicle was a resotration project, completed seven years ago including Whole car respray and engine rebuild. The most recent work includes a new alternator and exhaust. Not being a car junkie (in fact the car was a gift from my brother) I have not paid the attention she deserves, thus she is in need of TLC in order for her to be looking as she deserves. The final straw was the grinding noise in the steering that has left the car undriveable. The engine has always been utterly reliable, runs great (she got a tune the day before steering failed) with plenty of power, doesn't smoke and has little or no rust. That's the good news. She will need a new clutch in the near future and the interior is perfectly acceptable but not A1 standard, there is slight damage to the front left wing, the boot piston is broken so the boot won't stay up on its own, I am missing the key to the boot so it won't lock and the fog lights & left hand side lights don't work.

I am taking the opportunity to sell her at $1500 and buy the motorbike I have been yearning for since watching the 'Long Way Round'.

Ideally I would like someone to come and have a look at the car and take her home after purchasing her but if necessary I will freight the car interstate at buyers expense.

You can contact me on 0431639202 if interested. I'm in North Melbourne.

Cheers,

Colin