Best day to visit the island?

Started by ItalCarGuy, February 22, 2010, 12:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalCarGuy

Hi Guys,
I managed to swing a family holiday to Melbourne from Brissie that happens to coincide with the PI Alfa celebrations and PI Historics ;). Wish me luck on the road trip with three kids 4 and under...

I may only be able to get out to the island on one day. Which day would be the best? Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I noticed Sunday is $35 for the historics compared to $25 for Saturday, what is the reason?

Anyway it will be nice to meet a few of you that I have corresponded with in the past.

Derek Entesano

branko.gt

if Alfesta is of any interest, Sunday is better as there is a Show'n'Shine at Cowes and all Alfesta people will go to the PI Historics for lunch.

If PI Historics is all you want to see (with all the special Alfas that will be present, either day is fine.

maybe someone else may have a different view ?

alfagtv58

Quote from: Derek Entesano on February 22, 2010, 12:38:21 AM
I managed to swing a family holiday to Melbourne from Brissie that happens to coincide with the PI Alfa celebrations and PI Historics ;).

Hi Derek,

You do know that these events are on two seperate weekends right?  The centenary celebrations is on 13/14th March and the Historics (VHRR) are on the following weekend.

I may only be able to get out to the island on one day. Which day would be the best? Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I noticed Sunday is $35 for the historics compared to $25 for Saturday, what is the reason?

For the Alfa weekend it is free entry to spectate, but we are only there Sat and Sun.  For the Historics, the reason the the difference in price used to be beacause half of Saturday was qualifying and half racing, and Sunday was all day racing.....not sure why the difference now given that Friday is qualifying??

Anyway it will be nice to meet a few of you that I have corresponded with in the past.

For sure, make sure you come and see me!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

ItalCarGuy

Thanks guys for the replies. I can't make the alfa only racing on the first weekend due to a wedding (apparently the primary reason we are going down) but will get to the second weekend. Sunday looks like a goer then, and I will have to print up a sheet of cars with names next to them to try and identify people! As for me look for a guy in his early thirties with wife, 4 year, 2 year & 8 month old in tow!
Derek