New Autodelta metal badge (NOT ebay fakes)

Started by Mike, March 02, 2010, 10:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Hi,

I have 2 Autodelta badges made in Italy by the same lot who have been making them from the start.  I have 2, only need one.  It has the little threaded prongs on the back for attachment with the nuts, and is curved to match the panel work.  It is still in its bag.

It has the silver backing behind the flag.

Put it on a car, or keep it in the collection as a keep sake.

My asking price is $180, and I can deliver it in person at 100yrs of Alfa at Phillip island if that helps, or post for a few dollars.  It really is a fantastic hand made badge.

I can provide a photo of it, and if I get time will put it up here.  If you're interested, give me a call on 0439396679.

Only one for sale, and I don't recall the last time one was for sale in Aus.

You can find poor copies on ebay here for $135 on white background instead of the silver:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Stemma-Zeichen-signet-Abzeichen-Alfa-Romeo-autodelta_W0QQitemZ300358055924QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r?hash=item45eebc37f4

cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

Darryl

Mike,Reviving this old thread because I have a pair of Bertoni Autodelta badges - not for sale - but I'd be interested in seeing what variations there are/were in these over the years. Mine don't have any silver visible on them - just the bronze (very solid) badge backing exposed anywhere there is no enamel. Enamel colours are pale blue border black/white chequered flag  with black Autodelta text in middle (on the bronze background). There seem to be darker blue + white background fakes on the web, but also what look to be badges the same as mine but with "silver" (chrome?) plating on the parts that are raw bronze on mine. For example this looks correct reproduction bar the metal being the "wrong" colour (it is of course missing "Bertoni Milano" cast/embossed onto the back)...

http://www.okp.de/xtc2/105/115-Bertone/90-Badges-Scripts/Badges/Badge-Autodelta-enamel-with-threaded-pin::18894.html

I can find no evidence of my badges ever having any chrome or other "silver" plating on them - not on the back, where there are areas that still have some sort of coating on the shiny pale gold coloured (rather than tarnished "brown") base metal. And also not under the enamel (there is an area that got chipped where someone tried to lever the badge off the car.... thinking of buying some fakes...