enjoying a ride in pedders A.R.C cars today

Started by dehne, March 16, 2010, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

hi all went for a ride with scott pedder in his arc car today and what a thrill. i can see why greg built his prc gtv6 now there is incar footage which will be uploaded to youtube when its there ill post a link. from a passanger point of view it was exciting and there is a lot of break , accelerator , break i thought i was going to get whiplash, when in the car it was a little freaky on the first lap as i did not know the track and you hit this slight left on a crest and not knowing where you were heading had me a little worried until i thought this guy is a pro driver just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride and boy did i, all i say in the clip is yes no whilst he was driving, not sure what happened with the next guy though. ill get the link up soon
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

redalfaracing

Important to sit back and relax, otherwise you tense your gut muscles and make yourself crook. What track were you on?
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

dehne

it was a private test track at wedderburn i cannot remember the guys name but he came 2nd overall in tassie tarmac rally recently up against jim richards in a 911 it was also the first round of the arc
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

redalfaracing

Brendo Reeves is the sons name, property owned by father Mike. A lot of rally guys go there to test. Did he beat Simons lap record? I doubt it.

Scott has been out of rally for a few years now. Who can forget the Pedders rally teams last event at the Rally of Melbourne i think 2005?  Last stage Scott runs off the road and parks it down a bank. Brother Mark comes off in same corner and lands on Scotts roof. Then cousin Will Orders drives straight into Marks car. All captured on Video, the conspiresy theorists amongst us think it was staged to get maximum ch10 airtime. Good to see Scott and Mark back in the saddle. Uncle Bill is a mate of mine.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

dehne

no he did not they are noe on kuhmo tyres as they are they control tyre and only last about 30kms (their med compound) they were playing with diff setting trying to get them ready for perth i think there quickest lap was a 1.12 something, my lap was a 1.14 something but it was weird because i said to him i think you could of went faster. also the lap rec was done on perilli's which are a lot better tyre than the kuhmo's
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

redalfaracing

Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Davidm1600

Hey Greg, sure was a good ride that compilation video on youtube.  Hadn't heard of Scott Pedder before but I have been out of the rally scene for many years now.  My brother and myself used to be involved in Southern Safari/TRC helping out on controls etc. 

THe one thing that absolutely amazes me, and that is apart from the driving skills involved, which are excellent, is as a driver how does one keep track of the advice being relayed by the navigator, given you are being constantly fed the information of the next corner or hazard in advance of the one you are actually approaching, while also concentrating on the actual driving at the same time.  Damned impressive stuff.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

redalfaracing

Scott won the 3 heats of Rally Tasmania 2 weeks ago. There were a few short stages on Friday night. 1st Scott pedder in an Evo, 2nd Simon Evans in a Subaru and 3rd Eli Evans in a works Honda Civic R Spec.
The interesting thing is that all 3 were on the same second, just 100ths apart. Obviosly all getting 100 % out of their cars, the roads being the limiting factor.

I personally havn't done a pacenoted event yet. I don't know how i would go either. Takes a bit of practice i think.
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC

Davidm1600

I know of Simon and have seen his driving on TV on rallysport programs, so I would assume given how well Scott placed in Rally Tas, that he is right up there.  Rally Tas, including the Classic section is an excellent event.  I have a number of video's of it from the early 2000s. 

I think you would be quite correct re doing a full pace note event, that it would take some practice.  My brother used to compete in Targa Tassie, (he has done about 6 events), and he and his co-driver developed their own notes/system to suit themselves, but still based off classical navigation techniques.  I can only imagine that to be driving at 8/10ths flat out in a stage, the concentration required to do everything must be pretty intense for both.   

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina