Looking to buy excellent condition 105 .... Car purchased - see photos

Started by Silver105, March 31, 2010, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berlinaman

Have you checked out carsales recently.
There is what looks like a nice metalic blue 2000 GTV there for $22,000. Looks like what you are looking for.
cheers
Tony

John Hanslow

The Club may be havinga Resortation Workshop in a few months so check it out when details confirmed.

That said, contact Rankins Restoration, one of the club sponsors - details home page top right hansd side, click on link.  At any time they have several Alfas in the shop and the Club's last Concourso winner was a 105 from their workshop.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Silver105

Thanks for comments. Will contact Rankins tomorrow to get some thoughts and see what they have on offer.

I flew up to NSW and checked out the Blue one, looks lovely as it is my preferred colour along with Silver but I'm just very picky. Some things about the car made me think eventually that 22k as a project car which is what it would become as it needed a fair bit of work. I could probably get better value for money if I went down the project route, considering once you start everyone has suggested they can be like owning a race horse in that you just keep shelling out cash. I may regret being picky as I do love that colour and I am getting restless to own one. ( as Sasha knows... )

However, saying that some club members have been very generous and called me about some very interesting options that would be to  the standard I am looking for and I may have several non advertised options open to me.  Will post the results shortly.

Thanks for the advice.

franck

there is a very nice gta evocazione 1968...60000 pounds on pistonheads

John Hanslow

AS a matter of interest, it has previously been noted that spending up to $45k gives you a totally concorse standard car which is 'better than new'.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Silver105

That GTA replica is an Alfaholics reproduction and has been on the market for over 6 months.... very exi...in AUS is well over 100K. Now I love my Alfas but I would be divorced.

techking

Hi. Porsche Classics in melbourne has a completely original 2000GTV 1974, think with only 30,000 on the clock, think it's $38k?

Silver105

Thanks Techking.... bugger, where were you yesterday !!! I just put a deposit down today on a car..... That Silver one at Porsche Classics is awesome looking, will have a look at it tomorrow just in case but extremely low milage and perfect condition.... OMG.... Check out the photos...http://www.porscheclassics.com.au/Cars/1974Alfa2000.htm    Dooooooooooooooooo !

rowan_bris

alfagtv58

A mate of mine runs Porsche Classics along with his Dad, I just emailed him and he confirmed they still have the 105.  Spent its whole life in Tassie before they bought it over to the mainland, completley original, 28k miles.

Let me know if you want his contact details, he is away this week but the car is available to view if anyones wants.

Cheers,
Phil.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Silver105

All thanks for the advice, pictures soon but I have picked up a 73, Silver 2000ltr 105 in concourse condition.... no not the Porsche Classics car.

rowan_bris

Silver 105, did you look at the one at Porsche Classics?  I am potentially interested in it and would like to talk to anyone who has actually seen it, to try and find out if it is as good as its description.  it is hard to tell from this distance with very basic photos of it.  please let me know if you, or anyone else, has seen the car and would be prepared to discuss it with me.

Silver105

Sorry but did not sight the car as it was inspect by appt only and also located some distance from where I live. Best to arrange additional photos to be sent of specifics you're curious about. But I thought the car looked good if not in excellent condition in the photos but because it has done so little miles in the last 20 years I thought it more a collectors car than what I was looking for.

Silver105

Thanks for all the advice and tips, I thought I'd post you some photos of my new mistress. I managed to secure Sasha's car for those who are in Vic and know Sasha. Excellent car, 10 year restoration to festidious quality and she is a work of art. Thanks again

Silver105

One last photo, had to show the engine as that is what seeled it for me..... perfect !