For Sale- 1974 105 GT Junior (SOLD)

Started by Ads, September 26, 2009, 07:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ads

Hi all,

After much consideration, the time has come to offer my 1974 GT Junior 1600 for sale.

I have had it for just on 2 years, but with a new house and some other projects on the way I just can't justify keeping it around, lovely as it is.

Some basic details:
-Comprehensive history folder including all maintenance and upgrade receipts from Maranello Motors under my ownership.
-2 litre engine on 40mm Webers (rebuilt early 2007), 2 litre gearbox, diff and brakes, upgraded cams (previous owner didn't have specs available).
-Koni Red shocks (new fronts, rebuilt rears).
-Lowered suspension with stiffer springs.
-Electronic ignition and thermo fan.
-Semi-comp brake pads and braided hoses.
-Near new 185/65 Bridgestone tyres.
-Retrimmed Black vinyl seats (no cracks in the dashboard either).
-Autotecnica steering wheel with spacer to improve driving position.
-Fire extinguisher.

It has also just come back from having some small patches of rust removed and a couple of small dings ironed out and repainted.

My intention was to enjoy this car on country roads and also on the occaisonal track expedition.  In actuality, I have enjoyed the roads immensely but it has only gone on track once, at Winton for the driver development day earlier this year.

The car has been completely reliable and is ready to be enjoyed on road or at the club sprints.  It will come with a Victorian RWC and is registered until August 2010.

This is a truly regrettable sale, and I am offering it initially to those on this forum only as I want to ensure it goes to an Alfa enthusiast.

Some pictures are attached, I can send more information and photos on request.  The best way to contact me is via email:
ads027 at gmail dot com

Car is located in Craigieburn.  

Asking for $14,750.

Thanks for your time.

Adam

Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)

Ads

Hi again,

I am prepared to listen to offers from club members near the asking price (and may listen to trades) and I can provide further info and pics, just shoot me a PM and I'll pass on my phone numbers.

Adam

Ads

Hi again,

Car is still available at this stage, am willing to negotiate on price and with/without rwc.

Cheers

Ads

Hi all,

Car is no longer for sale, some chopping and changing (and a very understanding missus) means the 105 is staying.

Cheers

Evan Bottcher

Excellent news! Glad to hear it I'm sure you've made the right decision :)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Ads

Thanks Evan,

It was a strangely sinking feeling watching people taking it out for test drives, I thought I was immune to that!

At least the RWC check showed up a couple of 'enhancements' I can make and justify them under the basis of 'safety'.

Driving it home revealed some still loosened wheel nuts on the rear, which came to my attention with a lovely wobble in the rear over a crest in the rain, needless to say a change of underwear was required!

adriank

i thought the wander from the rear was normal... :P better check my wheel nuts!
'74 GT 1600 Junior
'00 Kawasaki W650 (daily drive)

Ads

Wheel nuts now tightened...

I'm again willing to listen to offers as my financial re-jig is still leaving me a bit short  :-[

Willing to negotiate without roadworthy, or offers around $13,000 without.

Steering idler box has been rebuilt, and some bushes replaced since last discussion.

Will consider swap with TS or 3l 75 worth up to $5000 with difference in cash.

AD

Ads

More negotiable as time goes by!  email ads027@gmail.com or call 0408 593 058

Adam

Ads

Offers around $12,500 w/o rwc or negotiable with.

Cheers

Adam

Ads

bump for this- $12.5 as is, negotiable.  Car has had a lot invested mechanically, Bruno at Maranello can vouch for it!

Ads

Bump for this- can bring to club night next week for inspection, make me an offer!

Ads

How 'bout $11,999 as is?

Like I said, lots of money spent and I feel an accurate description of the car's condition.  Please email for further detail.

Ads

Ads

$11,250?

Getting married on Friday would like if a sale could be agreed upon!