what is a giulia super worth$$$

Started by grouchy, April 24, 2010, 05:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouchy

Hello i was woundering what my super may be worth any idea would help and are they hard to find as it is going to cost around $6000 to get her were she dhould be

GTV-074

Brad,

Gee what is a Super worth? Really difficult question to answer due to the number of variables but ball park I'll have a guess,

0 - 4000      cars that need a fair amount of restoration

4000 - 8000 complete & going cars that need some TLC but can be driven now

8000- 12000 top notch condition, mint or restored cars

That's a really broad range and may be out some what.

Looking for a Super myself at the moment, you then need to factor in market forces. Scarcity, demand etc. which may add a premium.

Now are you worried about over capitalising on your car? Well thats a personal choice on what you bought the car for.

Long term keeper - then don't worry too much about the 6k. Plan to sell it in 12 months? That's another story.

Cars mean different things to different people, I say do it and then just enjoy what will be a magnificent car!

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Davidm1600

Brad and Paul, indeed an intriguing and difficult question to answer precisely.

From my own experience, my brother in law managed to get a 70 model Super from Melbourne for approx 4k, it is in pretty ok condition, but does need a raft of minor things doing to it.  There is currently a white one in Queensland for sale for $7K which seems pretty honest but it is not a top condition car.

Mine on the other hand was extremely rusty, a non runner and in need of total restoration.  I paid $1400 for it. The only going thing for it was that it was straight and complete.

To date I have undoubtedly spent close to $10K + and it is a long way off being finished.  When completed I am certain it will owe me the best part of $25K +   However, the intention is to keep it not sell so the investment is spread over many years. 

What will it be worth, who knows.  I have certainly seen top condition Giulia supers and Guilia Tis heading up in value over the years, and I do know of at least one Super that sold for $40K some years ago.  So, if it were me, with your car Brad I would spend the $ to tidy it up and make it useable and enjoy it. It doesn't have to be mint and possibly is even better if it is not.

The one thing I do know, is they aren't making them any more, and with approx 400 imported into Aus, my best guess is that there are likely to be less than 100 left on the road. 

True value is in the enjoyment of a Super.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Barry Edmunds

Supers, like most anything else, are only worth what someone is prepared to offer/pay.
There are some sellers out there who have weird or distorted ideas of what their car is worth. I know of one interstate that the owner wants 20K for. People who have seen this particular car estimate 10K-12K tops. Prices quoted above seem to be reasonable and fairly close to the mark. Depends very much on condition of car, history, originality, service history, maintainance, current economic climate and how serious the seller is.
Barry

grouchy

thank's guys im going to restore her like she is just do the rust,some chromeing done all suspention,brakes ,paint.
then just put her on club rego ::)
took her for a spin this morning has no problem hitting 40mph in second very quick but g shes got some body roll lol
were moving house so she will be not touched for at lest a month but cant wait to get here to her former glory.

Does any body have any info on late peter tyring him to this car.

ItalCarGuy

I might have an email exchange I had with him when he was selling the car a few years ago. I'll see if I still have it

Barry Edmunds

I had known Peter W for many years and when I discovered that he had a Super I contacted him and convinced him that his car should be on the Super Register so he kindly forwarded details of his car to me. He also contacted me to let me know that he was thinking of selling his car which he was disappointed about.
Barry