black Ferrari 308 gtb+ silver Alfetta gt+ Mt Panorama = brilliant

Started by paul edwards, May 08, 2010, 11:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Gulliver

Paul that's a fantastic get. The guy in the Ferrari is lucky he didn't have to deal with Frank Musco. Some how i think Alfa drivers have larger testicles or maybe their cars are cheaper to fix.   
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Paul Gulliver

Paul , i think that last video might have been for the 2009 race. The Alfetta he finally catches up to in the last 10 - 20 secs is car 58 our very own Phil Baskett. I not sure Phil made it up ther this year . If he did I'm sure he will pipe up and correct me.

Funny thing is i'm out in the shed trying to make a camera bracket for Sandown in a few weeks.
Paul Gulliver
Present

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

John A Pucak

Who's Frank!!, and that red Alfetta in the last 20sec's is Danny Gatto's not Phil Baskett.
John.
(Silver Alfetta GT No16)

Paul Gulliver

QuoteWho's Frank

Your obviously not from Victoria. Could be a bit hard to answer. Probably the simple answer is the guy in the  Porsche eating 1982 green veloce sprint. Check out these posts

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=3562.msg18366#msg18366

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=3630.msg18876#msg18876

Also John , always happy to be corrected, especially by someone who was there.

Cheers

Gully
Paul Gulliver
Present

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Davidm1600

Great video, and was so impressed with the clarity of the filming.  OBviously a good set up.  In addition, I guess it also shows you don't have to have a Ferrari to do well around the track.  The Alfettas certainly were up to it.

The only thing that gets to me, is though that while track racing is fine, iI don't know, after a while it gets kind of boring.  Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone but seriously, you go around and around the same track for so many laps and that is it.  Definitely there is a challenge not to bump into anyone but for my money, give me classic road rallying any day, be it Targa, Classic Adelaide or whatever.  There you are at one with the road and against the clock going over a different road on each stage.  To me that is far more challenging and exciting. 

Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

John A Pucak

Hi Paul ,just looked at Frank's lap time . Impressive , a 2.46 at Bathurst. Maybe Frank should get into a Group S , N or Marque Sports Car and come and race with us at Wakefield Park next month , for the annual East Coast Challenge. This is a great opportunity for all the Victorians to come and play. Its only 6 hours from Melbourne!!!.
To answer your question about my Silver Alfetta GT. The car is logged   Group Sc, and is still street registered !!. My  P.B. at Bathurst was a 2.50 this year, well down on 2.52 in last years
footage. In last year's race I limited myself at 7000rpm in 5th down conrod,( this year I saw 7600rpm onthe tacho in 5th)  and thats where you see Steve Dunn overtake . Having said that, Steve's Ferrrari is always quicker in a straight line, though I seem to get him in the twisty bits. Steve and I have done some close ,clean racing in the last couple of years. I think 1 of the 911's finished 1st in that race, Geoff Morgan I think!.

Frank Musco

Hi Paul,
those black Ferrari videos are very entertaining, good stuff. I watched the first one you posted before I went to Bathurst, using it for inspiration, obviously good to see the Alfas flying over the top and hassling the faster cars. I like how the videos are put together, the switching of views when he passes and is being passed, the gear change and so on.  The quality is awesome.

Paul Gulliver,
Your not going to believe this, that Black Ferrari was in the same group as me!  And we actually did cross paths once, and yes, he was passing me...truth be told I let him pass, it just seemed like the right thing to do. Unfortunately, I didn't get it on camera. Camera occasionally stops when the car goes over ripple strips? Thanks for posting Jim's photos.

I found a Renault Cleo in my group which has a great dice with this Ferrari, and to my surprise actually ended up passing me! Nice camera position at the front, looks and is nice and fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIWrpnL2L_0&feature=related

John, thanks I'd love to come up to Wakefield and race with you blokes. Not this year, hopefully sooner than later. Love the Silver Alfetta, goes grouse.

P.S: All MOTORSPORT RULES!!!!!!!!

John A Pucak

Hi Paul, I regard to my engine , what I can tell you is everything internally is hi-comp , big and balanced to the best of my engine builder's capability.I can't let out too much, my competitor's might be reading this!!. Racing around Mt Panorama is truly special, every car nut should do it at least once. Steve Dunn (Black Ferrari) works in the film industry, thats why the montage was 1st Class . I noticed at P.I. Historics this year that the black Ferrari had 3 or 4 camera's bolted on,and hope to see this year's footage. I have some of my own footage at P.I. which I will put up on You Tube soon, and yes the black Ferrari is mostly featured!!.
Hope to see some of you Victorians at Wakefield Park next month, maybe an AROCA VIC club run to check out and spectate all Alfa Racing "Veloce style". I have to mention the action continues at dinner time at the Trapper's motel bar. All Welcome.

John ( Hollywood) Pucak
Merchandise Officer for Veloce Racing