This is Dizzy Stuff

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, May 21, 2010, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

http://jalopnik.com/5530562/the-folden-a-1969-mustang-holden-sedan

I was going to say that I was disgusted by my fellow countrymen in NZ, but it turns out they're only Radio DJs, so they deserve what they get really. Let them have it....

Frank Musco

What the...

I thought I should renew the faith in modified cars. This is what a HQ should look like.

Sheldon McIntosh

That looks very cool.  You look like you're about 5'5" in there Frank, what is that a Matchbox car?

pep105

Nice chopper Monaro skunky
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Sheldon McIntosh

But seriously, that's a sweet car.  Is it just co-incidence that it looks like a Chevelle, or was that the intention?  

Sheldon McIntosh

Fuck you Frank, now I need to see Dazed & Confused again, featuring the 1970 Chevelle 454.   Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.  

Probably my favourite movie.

Brad M

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on June 10, 2010, 11:59:11 PM
That looks very cool.  You look like you're about 5'5" in there Frank, what is that a Matchbox car?

Frank, are you sitting on a kids booster seat????
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Frank Musco

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

It was unintentional to make it look like a Chevelle, I just thought the roof looked out of proportion to the rest of the fat body, and yes its so serious that I'm too scared to drive the bloody thing. Sort of.
It used to break manual gearboxes one after the other, hence the turbo 400, the 383 with 12.5:1 comp, 90 50 cam, yes the 750 double pumper with the single plane high rise manifold, uses juice like 3-4 miles per gallon, will easily smoke the tires, and no-shit at 160 k's, where talking the traffic would have to stop to wait for the smoke to clear!! When I took people for a casual drive, for some reason they never asked to go in it again???

Obviously, I had to stop driving it because I kept losing my licence. That lasted two years, the cops loved me. I was actually pulled over an interrogated for 45 minutes the FIRST FUCKING DAY it was registered, yes the first drive home, I should have known I was wasting my time.

No booster seat, the low roof makes it look that way. At Calder Park I used to hit my head on the roof as it went over the little hill at the back straight. not good.

When I'm rich an I find a good lawyer, I might consider driving it again!

Sheldon McIntosh

Get rid of the shiny bits around the wheelarches and the sills and it will be just about the best looking Monaro ever.

Frank Musco

Yeah, no shit Sheldon. I want to paint the front and rear bars black as well. I love the look of the steel black rims, which no one else seemed to?. I was thinking Mad Max when building. You know, mean and dirty, and it makes you cry if you stand near the exhaust.

Cant remember 'Dazed and Confused', though rings a bell. Will have to get it. Also was pretty wrapped when they used the Chevelle in Talladega Nights. Shake and Bake!

alfagtv152

Hi Frank,
I reckon black and chrome/silver trims looks great.My new race car I am building is an Alfetta GTV with a black paint job and polished or silver bits throughout.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

Frank Musco

Hello Andrew.

I Love the Black Alfas. I like the sinister look. I look forward to seeing it in person.
Any racing stripes or ...?

Hopefully the next time I go to S.A. I can be a lot more sociable than last month.

Cheers
Frank

alfagtv152

Hi Frank,
Thinking just a big silver serpent on the bonnet and silver script on sides/windows,I have stripes on the red one so I thought something different this time,did like the stripe on the Monaro though.I hope you are feeling better next time you come to town,it would be good to see you in SA again.
Cheers
Andrew

BradGTV

andrew, the car is looking great,
love the black and silver
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

alfagtv152

Hi Brad,
Just cutting and polishing at the moment,Frank suggested a stripe and I wasn't going to but I saw a picture today of a stripe with one wide stripe in the middle of the car and a thin one each side of it with a serpent on the bonnet,mmmmmmm I liked it!.I am trying to get it ready for a spin in August on the come&try day.
Cheers
Andrew