ITALIAN CONNECTION RALLY - CALLING ALL VEHICLES

Started by 1750GT, May 09, 2010, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1750GT

Yes! the Italian Connection Trophy is on again for 2010. The Italian connection trophy is a celebration of all things ITALIAN. The event starts on May 21 2010 from little Italy in Sydney (Liechardt) and weaves its way thru some of the most magnificent roads (professionally mapped for competitors) via Gundagai NSW and Myrtleford Vic, including two motorkana's on the way before finishing in Lygon Street Carlton and the celebratory dinner.
The reason for this post is twofold. Firstly there is still time to compete this year! But if you can't compete there is still a chance to get involved in the finale to the event at Piazza Italia - Lygon Street from 12.30pm on Sunday 23 May! The event is holding a show and shine from 12.30pm with cars arriving from the rally from 2.30pm. Bring your vehicle, show it off and be a part of the show and shine from 12.30pm and then imerse yourself in the fun of the arriving fleet from Sydney. Details of the Lygon Street event are currently being finalised.
For details of the event - see the website below. Go on crank up the Alfa or your favorite baby and contact Robert Gunn the event organiser or send him an email (using the details from the website below) with your interest and contact details and Robert will keep in touch and give you all of the details.

Event Website:  http://www.italianconnection.com.au/           Contact Details: http://www.italianconnection.com.au/contact-us/

Hope to see you all their!!

giulia_veloce

Yes,    ,A great Rally.

3 days or great roads and fellow competitors.
Make sure you can do handbrake turns or get that Limited Slip Diff working on the Motorkhanas.
Travellel on roads you never dreamed of.
There is one bad part of the rally = driving home on Monday
Join in,have fun,enjoy your car
How do I know all this ??????
I competed in it last year.
And WON it.
Due to a family function,I will not be participating in this years  rally,but will be at the stary in Norton St Leichardt on the Friday morning start.
Good luck to all.
Dont worry about winning the event.
If you finish= you have won.

Robert

1750GT

Gee Robert sorry you wont be competing? maybe next year? Hows the Junior Z going have you had some time to give the baby a bit of tender loving care?

1750GT

Martinsifredi

Hi guys ,

Apologies for not coming on the EMR, I ended up attending the ITC Rally in Lygon St.  It was a great day and met up with some great people.

had a chat with the organizers of the ITC, they are considering starting the event from Melbourne next year. So if there are Alfisti out there who don't mind getting a bug splat or two on their grill , this is the event fro you.  ;D

lets get behind this event and hopefully ITC will start it from Lygon in 2011.

Martin
MartinSifredi
Classic and Modern
Concours Automobile Presentation
Ph 0425 735 814

John Hanslow

The second car was seen at Warburton earlier in the day. 

I think that the ITC may be added in to the Club calendar as it would be a good event to support. 
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata