GTV6 in NSW

Started by bteoh, May 31, 2010, 12:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bteoh

Hi,
Does anybody know the history behind the silver GTV6 that is advertised in carsales for $35k? It's obviously at the higher end of the price spectrum but is it as immaculate as it sounds? Didn't  look as original with the Zender kit and it  also says it has power steering? I suppose for that price, one would expect a time warp machine that has just only had delivery kms and has been absolutely pampered all through out its life? Or has restored GTV6 values finally gone up?
It would be great if anyone has seen or know of the vehicle to vouch for it's title of the "best GTV6 in Australia if not the world"  as mentioned in the ad.

Cheers  :)

lombardi

This specimen has been for sale since time began--youd think he would get the message by now !!!!!!!
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Davidm1600

It does seem a tad expensive, but perhaps also explains why it has been for sale for so long. 

I similarly know of a certain Fiat Dino coupe that has been for sale since 2002 and it still is, the reason, the price not being commensurate with its condition, oh and perhaps in that instance not many people knowing what it is. I do, as I inspected it back in 2002.

IMO, I can't really understand why anyone would pay so much for a GTV6, irrespective of condition, history etc, but then again maybe I am wrong.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

L4OMEO

QuoteIMO, I can't really understand why anyone would pay so much for a GTV6, irrespective of condition, history etc, but then again maybe I am wrong.

Couldn't agree more. My 35k would go elsewhere, but each to his/herown I guess. Even if they're wrong  ;)
2002 156 GTA

116gtv

lucky he can run it till you sell it on carsales ;)

The full Zender kit incl door mouldings is pretty rare and I quite like actually. I emailed him some time ago about coming along on a register run but had no response....

35k should get a you the lot - a nice example of EACH of the 116 models, sedan and coupe'