HeadLining

Started by ALFA156DALE, June 20, 2010, 10:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALFA156DALE

Hey Me again,
It looks like iam trying to get my posts up, haha, I am just trying to get my Alfa to look nice and was wondering if anyone has had any experience in taking out and replacing the headlining (on my 156 as it is hanging down in back a little) is it diffecult? Or should i leave it to the professionals and take it to a reupholsterer or someone like that? Is it worth buggering round with it?
thanks Dale
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

Anthony Miller

It seems that the average price for this job at the upholsterer is about $350, well that's what I've been quoted for my 75 and my old joolie
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Barry Edmunds

Some folks reckon it is a piece of cake, others reckon it is night on impossible for a novice. If fitting headlinings was easy then everyone would be able to do it.
Unless you have experience with headlinings I'd suggest that you leave it to the pros. It is not amongst the most difficult jobs to tackle but unles you have lots of patience and a good supply of clothes pegs it could turn out to be a nightmare. The rear screen will have to come out to do the job properly as well.
$350 to an upholsterer could very well end up being your best investment as well as saving you lots of time. At least if you pay someone else to do the job and something goes wrong you can complain. If you do it yourself and it all goes pear shaped who are you going to blame.