Racing suspension for 116 series...

Started by Jekyll and Hyde, March 26, 2007, 09:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jekyll and Hyde

just wondering what shocks people are running, when they still have the standard torsion bar front/de dion rear... was thinking about Koni Yellows (80-2241 and 80-2242), but not sure how they'll be if I was to lower it?

And on the topic of lowering - how do they go without modified roll centres?  I'm really not a fan of how low the rear roll centre hangs once its been modified, seems to be a recipe for digging up speed humps/ripple strips on a street registered car, and can't say I've looked into the front roll centres at the moment....  Have to apply some serious thinking to trying to work out a different way to alter the rear roll centre at some stage, without it dangling so low...

Pace 27?mm torsion bars seem to be the favourite for the front, but what springs do people run in the rear?  Someone must make a decent range of rears in different spring rates, but again, I haven't come across them yet?

Scott Farquharson

Suspension components and setup for 116 GTV's is now pretty much an off the shelf proposition these days but the exact setup will depend somewhat on what you will be doing in the car, tyres you intend to use etc.

Typical setup up will include torsion bars (avail in a variety of diameters), Koni yellows revalved to suit, front ball joint riser (to raise the front roll centre), rear sway bar, rear springs (PACE make a variety of rates), -ve camber adjusted to to suit tyres.

Call Hugh at Monza Motors on 9720 4442 or Vin at PACE on 9844 0147.

These guys have built more of these cars than you can poke the proverbial stick at and know how to make these cars go fast.  If you tell them what you are doing they will tell you the right configuration.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

I could not agree more with Scott, ring these two guys listed above.  They basically told me what I was going to buy off them and have installed for the application, and I just nodded and agreed.

The car handles great on the track but it would be quite uncomfortable on the road, so tell them what you have planned for the car and they will gladly take your money for a brilliant set-up to suit your application.....it will be money well spent.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti