small cams avail guy will give us 10% discount for bulk, new footage up

Started by dehne, July 10, 2010, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

you can get them from me, i get them from a guy of ebay who lives around the corner from me so i save the $10 on postage and at $25 as is or $35 with 4gb card they are bloody cheap,
if i buy lots at once they might be even cheaper
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

dehne

this is a pic of its size it is the black one  ;)
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

jimnielsen

Can we get one to test drive it at the AROCA sprint on the 8th of Aug?.I am interested, but after a few false starts in cameras, I want one that..

1. can be turned on and off from the drivers seat either direct from its mounted position or via a remote.
2. where the vibrations of a racecar with very stiff suspension does not upset the video.
3. where the noise from the racecar does not overload the audio circuitry.
4. where the native format of the video can be direct uploaded to youtube without any conversion (prefer H.264)
5. can be mounted in the car in some sensible fashion.
6. where the camera does not go into stand-by mode ever.

I'd love to get one if it can do these things..

jim.
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

dehne

ill try to answer all your questions jim
yes you can use mine for the meet
1. no remote but has a button on top which you press to turn on/off
2. i drove on a rough road and it did not upset it as long as its firmly mounted and where its mounted does not shake heaps
3.well you will get what ever noise appears incar/outside
4.i just loaded it to you tube straight from the unit, plays automaticly with media player
5.im going to try velcro with the sticky backing
6.does not have a standby it only stops if you do it/memory runs out or battery goes flat
well thats what if worked out so far anyway
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Paul Gulliver

Quote.im going to try velcro with the sticky backing

Dehne,

I brought a camera earlier in the year ( The Kodak Zi16 that Stuart thompson was recommending, great little camera to). I used it at Philip Island a few weeks ago mounted on an arm that i fabricated coming off the passenger seat head rest . It was held in position with velcro.  Great picture but the only problem was the sound is so sensitive and it was picking up the creaking /twitching of the velcro fibres. Someone said to loosely put a bit of tape over the microphone, but i haven't tried that yet.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

dehne

i might go with double sided tape then just have to make sure i can get the memory card out
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

jimnielsen

Thanks, dehne, I'd like to try it. A common problem with these type of cameras is that they will record all of the sounds until there is too much sound for the system to cope with, after that, the sound is all garbled rubbish. I thought that the video that you made looked quite good, it will be good to see if it will work in racing conditions..

jim.

'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

wankski

dehne, i'm confused by the stated pricing...

at first you mention $100-140 then $25-35??

anyways, I tracked one down for $12AUD... took me 5 sec to find one...

I wont post the link out of consideration, not hard to find tho...

Thanks for making me aware - i was interested in something similar back when the only option i could find was an oregon scientific unit at >120USD limited to 2gb and the sticks were bloody expensive...

plus ppl complained about it's deficiencies... well at $12, it can flop and i wont care too much...

dehne

wankski- yeah i can get them for $2.00 but the postage is a killer and they are from overseas so no garantee they will arive when ive paid for them, ill take the convenience of getting them 2 min drive away!
the 100-140 price is for 4 of them
out of consideration i would not have mention this at all because as you all know that the moderators dont like when you do things like this  ;) even if it is usefull knowledge, and i am only telling people that i can get them if they want to go and find them and get them there self thats find once again im only offering convinence and a garantee they will turn up,
so at the end of the day thanks for ur comment i did find it useful and im sure all the other forum users did to  ;D
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

wankski

ahh, got it... thanks

my bad, i misunderstood...  ??? ::)

nah u're right, if peeps can just rock up to the next meeting and grab some from you with card at around $35, seems like a solid deal...

i've done some on-selling stuff too, it's not a great gig... what happens if 5 ppl come back to you w/ warranty issues?

i know some vendors even from HK say they accept returns under 12mo warranty... i've done this before and they've even paid return shipping!!   ;D

dehne

im guessing with warranty there prob is none but i will check with the guy i tested al of mine there to make sure they work if i do the same with all the other there should not be a problem i guess, i also think that i will get a couple that work on the test then fail later but the guy does seem nice and would replace them.
getting of topic here the guy also sells wii remotes for $19 and they work fine they are just o/s ones
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

dehne

hi all
i pick up another one today for someone and the guy said if i buy a few in bulk he will give my 10% off so if ur interested please let me know so i can organise it plus they can also have an 8gb inserted but he need to order them from china and they will take 2 weeks approx to get here but not sure on there price prob an extra $5-10 will find out
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

dehne

got some footage from the front of car, putting it of youtube now, got up to 100km and it does not seem to bad, there was a little lag when i played it on my comp but i hope it was just me, sorry about the boring bit in the middle as i was picking the kids up from school, ill post link as soon as it uploads
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

Mile Jurcic

Hey Dehne,

I'm interested if you are purchasing another batch.

PM me with your details on payment.

Cheers,
Mile.

dehne

ill takes names and the amount you want then i can either send them to you or get jim to take to the next meet, hopefully a few reply quick as he just got 30 order in for me hopefully i can sell them for him
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past