Engine no.,Vin no?????

Started by karlo, July 28, 2010, 11:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlo

Hi All...

once again need your help.

As u may know im not very Mechanical Savy but im getting there....

Need to Apply for a Permit from Vic roads to get the Alfa Roadworthy.

They Need Vin & engine number from memory.I found a Plaque in the engine bay is it found there? or am i looking in the wrong spot?

pic  ???attach is the plaque i found.

Help!

These ridiculous request will subside after i get my head around this car..sorry in advance..

Karlo

dehne

it should be on the reciept when u got the car, is there a rego lable or do you know the old rego number
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

karlo

Dehne you are a GEM!

I did keep re newel letter the guy gave with the car...all the info is on there...

Pls remind me to buy you a beer or 3 if i meet you at a club night.

Thanks heaps.

Brad M

Quote from: dehne on July 28, 2010, 11:16:56 PM
it should be on the reciept when u got the car, is there a rego lable or do you know the old rego number

Just be wary the details on the receipt could be wrong, visual confirmation is best. The details Vic Roads had for my 147 indicated the engine was stolen out of a boat, it was just a typo.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

dehne

does that mean the speedo is in nautical miles  ;D
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

dehne

i dont see how its bad advice if the car was registered before the info should be fine on the rego lable and the part the he is just after a permit to drive it for repairs/rwc its the easiest way to get it done,
and i believe that all alfa owners would not be doing a dodge with their cars and or any other type of fraudlent activity with them,
so ill say it was BLOODY GOOD ADVICE !!!!
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

karlo

sooo truuu calling vic roads was a disaster........

all the fuss because im a hopeless alfa enthusiast  :-\ thanks for your help lads. I got the Permit not to get RWC and then i can finally take a well earned drive...

Cheers Karlo

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Choderboy on July 29, 2010, 10:10:25 PM
Sometimes doing things the 'easy' way isn't necessarily the right way of doing things. I myself would rather do something properly once instead of it coming back and biting me in the arse on the roundabout.

Who ARE you, and what have you done with the gumby?