Apology

Started by Alfaowner Shop, August 24, 2010, 12:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfaowner Shop

Would just like to apologise about annoying the forum sponsors by offering cheaper parts and service for everyone in AUS.

I really just wanted to help as i had read soo many threads about prices being soo high.

thanks

J

bonkfrog

I don't know that an apology is needed. My latest spare part purchase, since there is no stock  available here, is an Alfetta rear engine mount. Local price including freight is over $120; from Germany and including more than $40 freight is $78! I'd love to support local businesses, but . . .
Current: Alfetta GTV 2.0
Past: GTJ1300 (2l conversion), Giulia Supers, Giulia 1600TI

branko.gt

Quote from: Alfaowner Shop on August 24, 2010, 12:02:44 AM
Would just like to apologise about annoying the forum sponsors by offering cheaper parts and service for everyone in AUS.

I really just wanted to help as i had read soo many threads about prices being soo high.

thanks

J

this is getting little bit more then just cheeky. The problem is not in the priced you offer but in advertising your commercial enterprise without providing a support to the forum. I suppose you think it is clever to bump your ad by an "apology".

It is not fair to the sponsors because they financially support this forum and you do not. Prices have nothing to do it and you know it.
i woudl actually like this thread removed as it is obviously intended to advertise your business without following the accepted rules.

I woudl love to see you as our forum sponsor !

Paul Gulliver

QuoteI suppose you think it is clever to bump your ad by an "apology".

Maybe we could just except the apology in good faith. You don't have to assume the worst or anything sinister
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

branko.gt

Quote from: Paul Gulliver on August 24, 2010, 02:15:03 PM
QuoteI suppose you think it is clever to bump your ad by an "apology".

Maybe we could just except the apology in good faith. You don't have to assume the worst or anything sinister

I must have missed it, did anyone ask for this apology ?  ::)

dehne

i dont see a prob here if your saying that then no one else except the sponsors should be able to sell/promote any of there goods, and i dont EVER see that happening. The apology sound sincere enough so I accept it even though it was uncalled for
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Alfaowner Shop

This is the e-mail i recieved -

Jason,

The forum attached to the Alfa Romeo Club of Australia (Victoria Division) is provided though membership fees charged to our Members, and sponsorship from businesses which support our club activities.

You have crossed the line by joining the forum as a member, then started immediately advertising services in direct competition with some of our sponsors, without actually contributing with information or experience which would assist existing members.

I appreciate your services may be of benefit to some forum members, I have personally bought parts from the UK. Those people here in Australia who would use your shop will find you (as they are probably already members of alfaowner.com), and I find it unnecessary for you to join our forum and openly undermine the foundation of our club, therefore I am removing your posts.

I wasn't going to take action straight away and leave it to our committee on how to proceed, but I am taking this action because some members of the forum have asked the question "Is this guy a club sponsor?", so to avoid any fallout from existing sponsors I have acted.

You are most welcome to discuss possible sponsorship with the club through our President, Barry Edmunds (cc'd).

Regards,

A simple - we have sponsors and we would like you to sponsor us for this much, would have been nice.
Rather then deleting all the posts, which has put me off a bit, i know with me not being in AUS i cant do a event or anything like that but i offer help and advice etc.

dehne

Quote from: Alfaowner Shop on August 24, 2010, 06:40:45 PM

Jason,

The forum attached to the Alfa Romeo Club of Australia (Victoria Division) is provided though membership fees charged to our Members, and sponsorship from businesses which support our club activities.

You have crossed the line by joining the forum as a member, then started immediately advertising services in direct competition with some of our sponsors, without actually contributing with information or experience which would assist existing members.

I appreciate your services may be of benefit to some forum members, I have personally bought parts from the UK. Those people here in Australia who would use your shop will find you (as they are probably already members of alfaowner.com), and I find it unnecessary for you to join our forum and openly undermine the foundation of our club, therefore I am removing your posts.

I wasn't going to take action straight away and leave it to our committee on how to proceed, but I am taking this action because some members of the forum have asked the question "Is this guy a club sponsor?", so to avoid any fallout from existing sponsors I have acted.

You are most welcome to discuss possible sponsorship with the club through our President, Barry Edmunds (cc'd).

Regards,

A simple - we have sponsors and we would like you to sponsor us for this much, would have been nice.
Rather then deleting all the posts, which has put me off a bit, i know with me not being in AUS i cant do a event or anything like that but i offer help and advice etc.

shame shame shame  i hope this does not deter alfaowner shop from posting anymore, maybe just sending him a request to be a sponsor would have been a little easier and friendler
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Alfaowner Shop

it wast from barry but from the AROCA(Vic) Webmaster

branko.gt

Quote from: Alfaowner Shop on August 24, 2010, 06:40:45 PM

Regards,[/i][/b]

Mate, you are either very naive or you think that everyone else is. (except for Dehne, he is actualy is :-)

It is a widely accepted practice that there is no commercial advertising on public forums. Any forum, anywhere. If you want to advertise you have to pay. As simple as that. You joined and in your first post you went to advertise your business.
I hazard a guess that you intend to run a business to make a living and not necessarily to selflessly service members of the forum that you just joined. Crying poor over being told that there is no free advertising of a commercial enterprise is a little bit over the top. As is a pot shot apology.

This is nothing personal, you tried it on and it did not fly so maybe we should start again.

If you want to follow the forum and respond to individual posts and request with a note that you can help if contacted directly off the forum, that is a good practice that is generally accepted on most web forums.
Maybe even be helpful and contribute to the forum where there is nothing be sold.

Commercial adds are not accepted on the forum even by the sponsors. Sponsors get banner ads.

Alfaowner Shop

So why don't i see banner ads?

Plus why have i got free advertising with another AUS forum?

Im talking also at the reaction and all the posts being deleted.

its a genuine apology because alot of people supposedly got annoyed by it.

there was no post in my introduction saying - btw you need to to a sponsorship etc.

Just e-mail - delete - oh btw you can become a sponsor.

When the shop site is up i will more than likely be a sponsor to help you all etc.  :)

david sammartino

ok alfaowner shop, i have been reading this thread and to be quite honest with you, saw both sides of the fence.

however the icing on the cake for me personally would be that fact that you posted an email between an aroca representative and yourself on another forum, ie ausalfa, so as in my view to gain some sort of outlaw credibility, or sympathy or advertising, or whatever sort of attention you were craving.

below is the link i am speaking of, and to be quite honest with you, and to quote yourself when you say "its our loss", i respond to you that infact you are the one trying so obviously hard to drum up business down here, that in fact it is your loss, as yes buying from the uk can sometimes be cheaper, but alot of the time, spending abit more to buy from local suppliers, and esp sponsers, were customers can speak and get free advice, able to ring local numbers and check on my order, not worry about volcanoes and other things delaying my urgent parts, being ripped off, which you never seem to hear about, but i personally have had issues with some uk companies, etc etc

judging by the sounds of your posts, i detect business is a little slow over there, the whole world is struggling, and were margins are getting tighter and tighter for retailers, what else do you expect when you pull low blows like you have.

people need to realise that sometimes paying abit more, is actually paying abit less in the scheme of things, think about it......

i personally have never bought anything from you, nor will i ever, i just dont like the way you do business!

http://www.ausalfa.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1582&start=15

cheers big ears

Alfaowner Shop

I originally wanted another opinion and i can see both side but thought it was a bit harsh of a e-mail.

Fair enough ive gone about it the wrong way so i will edit anything i have put out of term.

Re-reading my posts i see the stupidity of writing without thinking.

Therefore i will remove myself and come back when things are launched and ive re-thought my ways and pay as a sponsor.

ALFA156DALE

I have had a read of this section and the other section on ausalfa.com, I agree that posting this apology is just another publicity stunt from this sneaky seller. I am very disapointted with ALFAOWNER SHOP at what he/she has said on ausalfa.com and the attitude they have with alfaclub vic and what they have said about this forum. I may be new to this alfa forum, but i think most, if not all forums are the same, you need to pay advertising fees and if you don't want to pay the fees and whinge to everyone about this forum and the fees, don't advertise. Because i don't think you are welcome at this forum. As choderboy said You have burnt many bridges.
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202