WHY IS IT SO ??

Started by MD, August 10, 2010, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branko.gt

Quote from: kartone on August 11, 2010, 04:57:28 PM
Branko Turk,

traffic is not the same everywhere in the world. I have lived extensively in the US, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and now in Australia, there is quite a difference in driver skills, regulations and traffic conditions (both climatic and in density). We need enforcement of ALL traffic regulations, not just the ones that bring more easy money, and we need more prescence (patrolling) to deter infringements.

of-course that traffic is not the same, maybe you should read what i said. 
i said that if you wanted to whinge and whine you will find a reason wherever you go.

also, no amount of enforcement will fix traffic  (well, no reasonable amount of enforcement).

it is false to draw a connection between traffic fines and traffic regulation. traffic fines are simply a sale of indulgences ( Catholic church got the idea and our governments are simply reusing the idea) and are know not to work that well as a means of traffic regulation.
Traffic fines are not used here to regulate traffic, regulation of traffic is only used as a cover-up for the racket. Not that different from any other official racket, gambling, alcohol tobacco, parking, taxes ...
you choose your vice and your pay your fees ... no more, no less

positive driver education is required to improve traffic, enforcement will not do it
whigeing and whining will most certainly not improve traffic ...

once again, get over it and move on ....

kartone

Branko,

I never whinged & whined in the US where I had the right to be armed to the teeth with laser/radar/scanner & CB.
I never whinged & whined in Italy where you can be booked doing 30kmh if you act silly and not be pulled over after flashing and overtaking a police car on the autostrada doing 245kmh in good driving conditions.

I have been involved in law enforcement in the US, the australian system avoids confrontation (by using cameras) at the expense of the individual's right to be informed on the spot of the infringement therefore avoiding the chance of making the same mistake prior to receiving the fine in the mail.
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV