Paint code help.

Started by Typhoon90, August 20, 2010, 08:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typhoon90

I'm trying to find the paint code for my 90, there is no label anywhere on the car. I know photos don't really work on the net due to monitor differences etc, but the colour is an off white, not quote a cream but not a bright white either:

as a contrast I've put white office paper behind it.
Even if I could just get a short list of whites used by Alfa in the 1987 model year I'd be happy.

Regards, Andrew.

Anthony Miller

looks like cappobianco, don't know what the code is but Sheldon's Giulietta is the same colour, as was my first joolie
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Anthony Miller on August 20, 2010, 09:02:40 PM
looks like cappobianco, don't know what the code is but Sheldon's Giulietta is the same colour, as was my first joolie

Is it?  I have no idea, but I'll look tomorrow to see if there is a code.  Typhoon, the code is usually on the underside of the boot lid, but you probably knew that already.  According to the 90 register, http://www.alfa90register.info/page/Color+Codes, there is a Gardenia White, a Mayflower White, and a White.

Anthony Miller

hmmm.... maybe, maybe not.You're right Andrew, this is tricky what with monitor variation. Cappobianco has the slightest hint of red through it, yours looks more of a creamy white than a rosey white so maybe it's gardenia :-\ 
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

dehne

just looked at the sticker on my white 90 and it is as follows
Bianco Capodimonte A.R. 015
SMALTO ACRILICO
hope it helps
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Typhoon90

Thanks for the replies so far. The code off the the other 90 is probably it, given how very few 90's were imported into Australia (or made for that matter).
I guess I'll find out when I go to get paint mixed. I'll give them the code and the filler cover and tell them this MIGHT be the right colour, please verify.

Regards, Andrew.

Typhoon90

Looks like it is Cappodimante. Capobianco is very white compared to this colour.
I was suitably impressed when the paint guy disappeared, came back with some colour chips and the second colour we looked at was bang on.
Once again, I was impressed with Glasurit's paint system. Not only do they have a colour chip for the correct production colour, but several shades and colour shifts either side of that, which reflects real world production tolerances, weathering etc.

Regards, Andrew.