FS: 75 Twinspark

Started by Badwolf75, April 14, 2011, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badwolf75

Greetings all

The time has come to part with our 75 - we need something a bit more modern for what will be a 2 hour daily commute (we're hoping to get a 147 - so if anyone knows of a good one going for a reasonable price, let me know ;)). I thought I'd post it up here first, so that someone from the forum could have first dibs - the last two owners before me were Alfa club guys, so it would be nice to keep it in the family. It's a 1988 build, has done 230k, and has had the oil and filter changed about 500kms ago. Asking price is $2,900

The good:
- Paint is in very good condition (I believe that it was re-sprayed by a previous owner) everywhere but the boot, which is a bit faded
- Interior is good, with no stains or tears etc
- Engine mounts were replaced in December
- All the electrics, air-con etc work
- New maintenance free battery put in about six weeks ago
- The ARC is actually well behaved, which I'm told is a bit of rarity in a 75
- Current NSW rego until May

The not as good:
- While the air-con works, I think the condensor drain is blocked, as after a while condensation starts to drip on the driver's left foot (I haven't been able to get far enough under the car to have a good look for it)
- Lately I have been disconnecting the battery when the car is just sitting there (it can sometimes be a while between drives - we haven't needed a car often until now), as I suspect there may have been a slow earth leak somewhere that drained the last battery after we didn't drive it for about a month. It may have just been a result of inactivity, but I've been doing this to be on the safe side as I don't want to wreck the $160 battery I just paid for, and I don't have the tools or the expertise to check for a leak.

Other than that, it really has been a very impressive car, with good go and great handling. It makes me smile when I drive it, and I'll be sad to see it go. The only good point is now I get to buy another Alfa  ;D

I've put some pictures up. The car is near the Sydney CBD if anyone would like to inspect. Just PM me with any questions, or post here.

Mitch
1988 Alfa 75 2.0 Twinspark

Badwolf75

1988 Alfa 75 2.0 Twinspark