Powerchips

Started by Anthony Miller, August 16, 2010, 06:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Miller

I didn't want to hijack the thread that this topic was raised in but I think needs discussion. Has anybody explored this, I went to their website (thanks Gully) and they make some pretty big claims based just on remapping.
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

dehne

yes i have a mate that had one put into a 164 auto it was a remarkable difference, then put one in a 166 same result then got one done in a 3.2 gtv still great it is a lot of bang for the buck, it is a worth while thing to get done for a cheap performance upgrade
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Duk

Make sure you get a money back guarantee. If there are no measurable improvements, then they aren't there. Beware the placebo effect of spending coin and 'feeling' the improvements.
The ideal way to get a new tune is done for your car, not just some off the self generic tune.

Anthony Miller

Alrighty then! I rang the guys at powerchip and enquired about how can they have a chip for an analogue ECU. Powerchip dude said some can and some can't, if you pull the cover off the ECU and discover a 24 pin IC soldered directly to the board and the serial Number of that IC ends in 036 or something like that then that IC can be exchanged for a Powerchip upgrade. He (Powerchip Dude) also said that if you bring the car down to their offices in Sth Melbourne or port Melb (cant remember which) he would help identify whether your ICU can be modified. So....at around $35/Kw it would be well worth finding out, if not, all you've lost is a couple of hours
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

JOHN G

I have this powerchip for the TwinSpark.

(In standard form, the 75 Twin Spark 2.0 produces 107 kW and 186 Nm.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 115 kW and 120 kW, and it's torque to between 199 Nm and 210 Nm.

The price of the Powerchip for your car AUD $690.00)

I found a noticable power increase and mine in up for sale as my TwinSpark was written off.

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

Duk

Quote from: Anthony Miller on August 31, 2010, 11:29:44 AM
Alrighty then! I rang the guys at powerchip and enquired about how can they have a chip for an analogue ECU. Powerchip dude said some can and some can't, if you pull the cover off the ECU and discover a 24 pin IC soldered directly to the board and the serial Number of that IC.............

If it has an IC (integrated circuit), it is digital.