Sandown Videos

Started by jimnielsen, September 19, 2010, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimnielsen

A short video from the AROCA Sandown meeting today - this one featuring a very fast Maserati and Mr Musco!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kPmTJd_nC8

You need to click the 'Popout' icon (next to the resolution changer) at the bottom of the screen to see the lower part of the screen for some reason  ???

jim ~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Aggo

That's nice footage of the Maser Jim. Do you have any of me nearly losing it in front of him?

I had some good footage of me catching the Peter Jackson Skyline but copied over it by mistake! Anyway here's my footage which whilst a bit long at 10 minutes sums up the great day I had. I must remember to clean my windscreen when filming!
Again Mr Musco appears in this video although its a somewhat smoky specimen by then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCFzbcL6uEo

Cheers, Andrew A
1980 Alfetta GTV SR20DET

Sheldon McIntosh

Jim - Which car is more fun to drive; 155 or Yellow Matter Custard?

Aggo - That's a very quick car there.  How much power does that thing have, and what other mods have you done other than the infidel engine?

jimnielsen

..Andrew, no I am afraid that I don't have any video of "the incident" - I was glad when it was far enough away from me so that there was no possibility of me running into it!

..Sheldon, It depends on the track really, the custard Giulietta was more fun at Winton because of its cornering power, the 155 is more fun at Sandown because it is a LOT faster. It's a line ball at Phillip Island but the 155 is a LOT scarier...It would be nice if the 155 would do a few more laps before breaking something, but that's a work in progress!

jim ~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

Aggo

Hi Sheldon, It's got 190 KW at the wheels on full boost (13.5lbs) and about 155 on low boost: 7lbs (I'm guessing as the dyno guys didn't give me the low boost figure as it wasn't 'fully sick' enough). All the internals are completely stock, I've just swapped to an S15 turbo (T28 BB) and injectors from a later model motor. Other than that it's all pretty stock really.......... apart from the intercooler, exhaust, ecu, brakes, suspension, gearbox....  and the roll cage!

Jim, yes we both needed a change of underwear after that! I thought I was was going to end up sideways in front of him and all I could think of was how much it would cost to fix the Maserati after T-Boning my passenger side. I can always re- shell the Alfetta!

Cheers, Aggo
1980 Alfetta GTV SR20DET

Frank Musco

Jim, that 155 is so fast! Your slowly persuading me to buy a turbo for that Sprint of mine.

This is what it looked like from my car, plus an extra lap. I couldn't tell that car was a Maserati on the track, it was just too quick!
What a great day. My car ran very well and got a new pb of 1:33.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8aCioZH_Y

Andrew, good stuff, got a bit close there mate, turn 4, 2:53, and at the end, I even braced just watching. I'd like to say it was as awesome video, and yes your car is very quick, but you caught the green turtle having a smoke! Looks funny the old car smoken away, wasn't funny when it happened. Dipstick came out on 3-4 flat change, start finish line. Only happens on Sundays?

Cheers Frank

MD

QuoteDipstick came out on 3-4 flat change

Frank, don't your scruteneers require the dipstick to be held back by a spring or some other mechanism?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Brad M

He wears a seat belt  ;D

But seriously regarding the spring, no they don't ... maybe they'll bring in a Musco rule, "all dipsticks to be restrained".
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Frank Musco

I'm chasing an oil leak that started in May. Having trouble finding the source because the oil gets blown around the engine bay.  How does someone explain dripping oil from the full width of my front sway bar with no leak from crank and cam pulleys, sump or cam boxes?
Only just fitted a spring to hold the dipstick two meetings ago, but wasn't convinced the oil was coming from the dipstick because I haven't seen this happen on a Sud yet. So After seeing the oil everwhere and the dipstick still in place I decided to remove the spring. Well, you all know what happened next, which is a new thing for my car and I, so now the spring stays and I'm thinking the rings are tired and I've just got a case of excessive blowbye, goodbye.

jimnielsen

Great video Frank! - But did I faintly hear you yelling something uncomplimentary about my small lock up just before the back straight??

jim~
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

Frank Musco

Thanks Jim!

I was concerned with respect to the new tyres and...actually shocked, as I was not expecting to see smoke coming from your car. So it was something like..."What are you bloody doing Jim!-look after those tyres", I understand, I saw the Maserati too. :D

P.S: Post 155!, I thought you'd be impressed Jim.

Cheers Frank

Andrew Bose

Frank,

Lovely to watch as usual, about your oil leak I had a dipstick that leaked between the dipstick and the seal??? Try a spare if you have one and see if it helps because it took me ages to find that one.
See you at the six hour
Andrew

john m

Frank,

Re: Oil leak in engine bay

Have you checked the PCV outlet on the engine? Perhaps with track use the standard outlet is not enough, and not copping with internal pressures. On my 2.0l Giulietta I recently installed a catch tank with two 20mm hoses running from the head. One from the cam cover and one from front of the head. I did this because I was getting oil weeping from a not so old cam cover gasket into the s. plug wells. It seems to be working so far, but Sandown was the first outing for this mod.

John
Now
84: GTV6 White-stock
84: Giulietta Red-club sprints
69: GTV1750 Red-on blocks
Then
71: Berlina 2000 man.-UK import

Frank Musco

Thanks Andrew and John,

Have looked at both areas recently, and will give both another go.

The dipstick isn't new, nor are my many spares, so I will look at better sealing at the block in addition to the spring I use to hold it in.

The PCV system was checked and washed before Sandown, so I will look at larger hoses to catch tank.

Cheers Frank.