Problems with club reg

Started by Colin Byrne, May 24, 2007, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Byrne

Anyone had trouble with getting club reg at vic roads?, I've just been down at lunchtime, I had the form that Evan had signed for me and a current RWC, and was eventually told that I also require a letter from the club secretery specifying I'm a member and the form needs to be stamped by AROCA!!.  I showed them my membership card but apparently that wasn't good enough, of course none of this information is on the website and you can't telephone specific VIC Roads offices.  So after a bit of a discussion I left with out achieving anything except wasting my lunchtime, pretty standard for vic roads.  What have other people needed to do to get club reg?
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

alfagtv58

I would have thought that the signature on the form that you already have confirms that you are a current financial member, if you were not surely the club sec wouldn't sign it ???

Like most gov departments, its luck of the draw, sometimes you get someone very helpful, other times.....
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

This is absolute garbage - they tried this on me when I got my car registered on club reg.  I made them go and get a supervisor who clarified that a letter was NOT NECESSARY.  I'm the bloody secretary and I've signed dozens of applications and never written a single letter!

Please anyone who is taking club reg forms to vicroads make sure you take my mobile number if you get stuck I will do what I can.

I've received no notification from the AOMC or from VicRoads that any rules or arrangements have changed at all.  There is some further information on the AOMC website at http://www.aomc.asn.au/permits.htm but nothing really specific to this.  There is definitely nothing on the VicRoads website that describes any requirement beyond my name and signature on the vicroads form.

GRRRRR!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Beatle

Sounds pretty normal to me !!!  VicRoads staff often aren't aware of their own regulations.  I've had to sit at their computer around the 'wrong' side of the counter to show them the info off their own website ! >:(
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Fast Eddie

Evan is right.  I have H plated 2 x Alfas this year @ Carlton VicRoads and both times i had to invite them to read their own rules resulting each time in the Supervisor agreeing that the letter is NOT required.

Frustrating, but you need to be patient (always remain pleasant) and humbly request the supervisor comes to the counter.
Unfortunately, Vic Roads staff get a multi page rule change memo every week but dont always get to read it.  The super on duty will know.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.